CHAPTER TEN

Dear daughter,
I'll always want to protect you,
From everything and anyone.
I may see the wrong in everyone around you
Or question the nicest of " uncle ",
And the fear you have for your nanny.
Maybe experience made me this way,
But I'll be damned to let history repeat itself .
I may be over protective some times,
And I am not going to apologise for it.
Have you seen the world we live in? ~ SOUL UNRAVELED ( Instagram profile )

Chapter 10

What could this person want this early in the morning. no seriously, - " what could I do for you " the displeasure of her voice comes out clearly and she winces slightly. It must've not been heard cause she had said it lowly after all.

" hoe hoe hoe , I hear wedding bells " that, ladies and gentlemen would be Sadiq. Mubarak's bestfriend .

Ammah goes " say what ?"

" my my, Mubarak. When did you get that hella of a hot voice "

" well its certainly isn't Mubarak, but I'll accept the compliment either way. How are you Sadiq ? it's Ammah " she could only hope he remembers her.

They've only met once when he had come over when she was around for a visit but little did she know that he had hears more from Mubarak.

" Ammah ! had a feeling it was you. I taught Mubarak was back, could you tell him I called. But I beg of you not to  him I didn't go to work yesterday , let him know I only missed the meeting he held that morning " leave it to Sadiq to tell her he didn't go to work when she hadn't even known " oh and my weddings coming up very very soon "

" you know I'm not coming to no wedding until you can assure me that your going to hide chicken for me, plus your going to help me with a few pranks on Mubarak too" Ammah thinks about the way he hadn't eaten anything she had cooked and she has a feeling he plans on doing that more often " I'm not just your bestfriend's - " at this point she stops for a few seconds to think of what she is to Mubarak .

Friends ? With the awkward confrontation and silent conversations , she wouldn't really call herself his friend.

His wife's cousin ? Really.

How about his kids aunt ? How about not.

" my bestfriend's . . . well while I give you time to think about that, I'll personally let  you know that when it comes to pranking Mubarak, I'm at your service "

She decides to ignore Sadiq's comment as she bites her lips " soon my friend, soon. Now , how come you hadn't gone to work yesterday , again " she laughs while saying all this.

" get this, Khadija, my finance had told me yesterday was Saturday instead of Friday so I had turned off all my alarms. I woke up at 01:30 and called Khadija to say hello, after she had finished laughing that's when she decided to inform me its actually Friday and trust me. 1:45 is never a good time to go to a meeting that ends at 2"

With Ammah laughing at Sadiq wickedly, she hears the front door being unlocked.

Mubarak walk into the house the same moment he hears Ammah saying " this Khadija must be a keeper "  but he couldn't figure out where her voice is coming from.

He had to go to the office really early on a Saturday because of an emergency that had occurred.

After dropping his brief case on the table near the entrance he walks ahead until he is standing in front of the kitchen door. As he looks to his left, he is sure the voice isn't coming from Ammah's room, her laugh is most probably coming from the kitchen.