★Merry Christmas!!★

Hello, I'm Nagisa Shiota, a high school student.
Recently I've started going out with a (devilish) guy, called Karma Akabane, who also happens to be my best friend. Two weeks ago, Karma suddenly confessed to me, and after a lot of happenings after that, and I finally accepted.

Anyway, this is the story of how I survived through our first Christmas together.

"Nagisa-kun, do you know what's coming up this Sunday?" I looked up at Kayano, who was smiling at me.
"Huh? This Sunday... oh, right, it's Christmas."
Kayano sighed and sat down in front of me. Then, she almost burst out crying!
"Exactly!! It's Christmas, and once again I don't have a boyfriend!" She said bitterly, slamming her fist on my table.

"W-well... guess it can't helped..." I comforted her, and she sat up, still weeping.

It was Monday, the first, tiresome working day of the week, and class had just ended.

Christmas was the festival for lovers, I thought. Couples exchanged presents and all, but I really didn't find the need to cry like that!

"You too, Nagisa-kun, what are your plans for this Christmas?" Kayano suddenly asked me.
"H-huh...? Me...?" I could feel my face grow hot as Karma came to my mind.

"Eeeh?! What, what?? Nagisa-kun has a girlfriend? You're totally blushing!!♡" Kayano's eyes lit up with life, interested in the topic.
"N-no, that's not--"
"It's okay, it's okay!♥ Who is it? How does she look? How did you meet her? What happened between you two?"
I was taken aback by all those questions together.

"I told you, it's not like that."
"Does she have long or short hair? Is she fashionable? Is she older or younger than you?" Kayano continued asking, completely ignoring me.

"Now, now, Kayano-chan, I think Nagisa-kun could use some privacy here~" I almost jumped at the voice.
Yes, it was Karma.
"But~! Aren't you curious too, Karma-kun? I mean, Nagisa-kun has a girlfriend! " Kayano pouted.
"You sound like you never thought I would have one..." I smiled weakly at Kayano, who lightly knocked her head and gave me a 'Sorry!' wink.

"Well, I am quite curious, actually. Nagisa-kun, how 'bout you describe your lover in one word for us?" Karma said with a smirk. He was one to talk!!

"The Devil..." I muttered.
"Eeeh, that's harsh! I'm sure you hurt their feelings!" Karma stepped back and pretended to be hurt.
"Of course I did, Karma-kun." I said sarcastically.

Kayano giggled.
"You two get along so well, it would be great if you guys were dating!♥"
My heart almost stopped when she said that!!
"C-come on now, like that'd happen, considering we're both guys..." I forced a laugh and looked at Karma. "Right, Karma-kun?"

"Weeeell, if anyone, Nagisa-kun would need a partner like me..." Karma stopped when I gave him a 'Don't you dare' glare.
But Kayano's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Karma-kun doesn't deny it? So there's a possibility of you two getting together?♥" Kayano leaned closer to me, and I turned my face away. She wasn't even trying to hide her curiosity!
"L-let's not jump to random conclusions--"
"Of course there is, Kayano-chan! Moreover, Nagisa-kun is pretty cute, so seducing me won't be much effort, you know!♡" Karma sang away, making my face blush bright red.

I grabbed Karma's hand and pulled him out of the classroom, leaving a fantasizing Kayano behind.

"Karma-kun, would you stop doing that?!" I cried, once sure no one was around.
"Sorry," Karma said, scratching the back of his neck. Then he bent down and whispered into my ear, "My Nagisa is so cute, I just can't help teasing you♡"
With that, he licked my cheek before stepping back.

"I need to drop by the grocery store on my way home. See you tomorrow, sweety!♥" Karma said cheerfully and disappeared down the hill, leaving me with all my blood rushing into my face.

"Karma-kun...Karma-kun...YOU'RE A HUGE IDIOT, DARN IT!!!" I shouted out at the sky to calm myself down.
"Na-gi-sa-kun!★ Looks like you got some temper probs, huh~?" I looked up, startled by the sudden voice.

"Down here, down here!" I looked down at my phone to find Ritsu grinning in the screen.
"R-Ritsu! What are you doing here?" I realised she saw and heard our whole conversation, and I couldn't hide my embarrassment. I would definitely make Karma pay!!

"Weeell, you see, I was browsing through the data I have on everyone in class, and I found Akabane-kun's birthday is coming up!★" Ritsu winked at me.
"What? When is it?" The sudden information surprised me, and I gasped as I remembered the date.
"It's on the Christmas day!"

"That's riiight!♥ So, so? What're you planning to do, Nagisa-kun?" Ritsu's eyes sparkled like Kayano's.

"Uhh...I haven't decided yet..." I muttered under my breathe. I won't tell her even if I had decided it!
"Ooh...I see, I see! If you need ideas, I'm here for you, Nagisa-kun!★ Bye then, see you!♡"
With that, my screen went off, and I looked up at the sky and sighed.

Karma's birthday, huh...