The Aftermath

The search for Noodle had been going on for weeks..

There was no sign of her body left at the crash, except for a few pieces of DNA that Murdoc had taken for some odd reason..

When leaving the hospital 2-D had asked if you could stay with them until Noodle 'came back.'

"Of course, 2-D." You smiled sadly, trying to be as supportive as you could.

He hugged you tightly, digging his face into the crook of your neck. It was awkward hugging him because of the height difference obviously, but you loved it. The way he smelled was wonderful, a sweet, smoky smell.

When you arrived at Kong, it was a mess, clutter everywhere. The band seemed used to it though..

"I'll be in my room." Russel said bluntly, there was no warmth left in his voice.

You tried to get up to comfort him, but 2-D grabbed your wrist gently, shaking his head. You sat back down, 2-D lied his head in you lap. You ran your hand through his blue locks. 2-D seemed to purr, smiling for the first time in days. You continued to play with his hair, slowly drifting off to sleep. 2-D noticed you were asleep from your quiet snoring. He lifted himself from your lap, lifting you up from the couch. He lead you to his room, tucking you into his bed. Murdoc had called him from upstairs. He ran out, shutting the door behind him.

"Yeah Muds?" 2-D asked, walking into the kitchen.

Murdoc turned to him, his arms crossed.

"Well, I was thinkin' and, I think it's time t'find a new guitarist.."

2-D froze, his fists tight.

"Y-Yew can't do tha'! She's only been gone for a few days, y-yew can't forget about 'er!"

Murdoc growled, stepping closer to 2-D. He gripped his shirt collar.

"Don't tell me how t'run my band. IT'S MY BAND!"

Murdoc pushed 2-D to the floor, giving him a glare before stepping out. 2-D brought his knees to his chest, feeling tears trickle down his cheeks. He missed Noodle with all of his heart. She was like a sister to him..

2-D broke down, sobbing on the cold tile floor. He ran to his room, trying to get away from it all. He burst into the room, flopping face first into his bed. He grabbed a pillow and dug his face into it, sobbing with snot and all.

"2-D?" Your voice was quiet and raspy.

2-D turned to you, his face raw from the crying.

"2-D, wh-what's wrong?"