Rise of the Cyberman

Rita walked into the console room the Doctor and Rose sitting on the floor talking about what sounded like an adventure Rita had not been on with the pair. She hopping in the jump seat and rested her head in her hands listening intently to the story. "And that weird munchkin lady with the big eyes? Do you remember? the way she looked at you! And then she opens her mouth and fire comes out!" The Doctor mimicked fire coming out of his mouth with his hands Rita chuckled at his gesture feeling much happier that the Doctor looked better after what had happened the day before.

"I thought I was going to get frazzled!" Rose said her voice going a higher pitch laughing with the Doctor.

"Yeah. One minute she's standing there, and the next minute roar!" He said quickly looking very passionate about the conversation thinking about the adventure.

"Yeah. where was that, then? What happened?" Mickey asked the Doctor looked over forgetting he was even there blinking a few times.

"Oh, it was on this er," he scrached the back of his head looking between Mickey and the button he was holding down. "This er planet thing. Asteroid. It's a long story, you had to be there. Er, what're you doing that for?" He asked looking back at the button.

"Because you told me to." Mickey replied as if the Doctor was acting like an idiot.

"When was that?"

"About half an hour ago"

"Er, you can let go now." the Doctor mumbled.

"Well, how long's it been since I could've stopped?" Mickey let go frowning at the Doctor clearly annoyed knowing that the Doctor defiantly forgot about him.

"Ten minutes?" He said also like a question. "Twenty?" He added. "Twenty nine?"

"You just forgot me!" Mickey accused feeling rather hurt. "You remember Rose and Rita but forget about me!"

"No, no, no." He protested. "I was just, I was," he tried to think of a good enough excuse looking over at Rose and Rita who both shook their heads at him signaling her was on his own for this one. "I was calibrating. I was just. No, I know exactly what I'm doing." He told Mickey Rita whined as she was violently shaken to the floor she heard a loud bang, she placed her her hands on the back of her head protecting it if anything suddenly fell on top of her. She knelt up and placed her hands on the jump seat the Doctor and Rose peering over the console the Doctor frantically pressing buttons and switches.

"What's happened?" Rose asked fear in her voice.

"The time vortex is gone. That's impossible. It's just gone." There was then another shake. "Brace yourself! We're going to crash!" They all dive to the floor again Rita in the same position as before with her hands over her head. The TARDIS suddenly stoped moving, Rita saw nothing but darkness.

"Everyone all right?" The Doctor rose his head asking in concern. "Rita? Rose? Mickey?"

"I'm fine. I'm okay. Sorry. Yeah." Mickey muttered standing up in shook.

"I'll live- oh" Rita mumbled. "Sorry" Rita slowly walked over to the Doctor and Rose placing a hand on his shoulder in comfort knowing how much he loved the TARDIS.

"She's dead. The Tardis is dead." The Doctor looked at what once was what Rita liked to call 'the heart of the TARDIS' not that anyone knew that. The bluey green light which once brought Rita hope had died out to nothing but dark and emptiness.

"You can fix it?" Rose asked sounding very concerned about their current situation.

"There's nothing to fix. She's perished. The last TARDIS in the universe. Extinct."