Until We Meet Again

John POV: As soon as John burst out the doors, clutching his neck and feeling the blood soak through his fingers he knew he was safe. Sherlock was on the floor, he was injured, all he could hear was screaming, muffled screaming from the upstairs bedroom that he couldn't make out. The sunlight burned his eyes and he stumbled off of the porch, but he saw the he wasn't alone. There were two cop cars in the driveway, and another car, the car that John had seen last night, parked right next to them.
"He's...upstairs...injured..." John muttered to the humanoid shapes he assumed must be the police, must be Greg. With that John's legs gave out on him and for the third time he fell into the overgrown grass in the front yard. "He's insane." John whispered.
"John, John, he's injured, get a medic!" Greg screamed, sprinting up to where John lay on the grass, staring blankly at the blue sky above him, clutching his neck and trying to close the wound that Sherlock had opened.
"John! Can you hear me? John!" Greg insisted.
"Sherlock..." John whispered, just a mere breath, pronouncing the name that had brought him so much hope, so much love, so much tragedy. He could see tears falling from Greg's eyes as he pressed his jacket to john's neck, trying to contain the bleeding, the world was spinning.
"It's Greg, John, it's me." Greg insisted. John heard more tires on the driveway; he heard sirens, two figures in white pushed Greg away and pulled John to his feet, dragging him away to the back of an ambulance.
"I'm dying." John whispered, accepting it as he said it. He could live in Sherlock's head forever; maybe this was for the best.
"You're not dying, you're in shock, it's just a little cut." The paramedic assured, pressing a cold towel to John's neck and letting the blood soak into it. John wobbled a little bit, leaning against the wall of the ambulance and staring up at the house that he had thought was his salvation. He thought that Sherlock could bring him nothing more than happiness. He could hear something going on inside the house, all of the police had run inside, guns drawn, someone was screaming from the upstairs bedroom. Sherlock's bedroom.
"He doesn't deserve this." John whispered.
"He tried to kill you." Greg pointed out.
"You, Mr. Lestrade, you can't be here." the parametric insisted. John grabbed Greg's arm with what little strength he had, ensuring that he couldn't leave.
"Don't leave me. Not again." John insisted.
"Course not John. Of course not." Greg assured, jumping up and sitting next to John in the ambulance. They waited a little while, watching as a paramedic rushed inside with a stretcher, obviously Sherlock was immobilized.
"What did he do?" Greg wondered.
"Leg...fell...on his knife..." John muttered, leaning against the cold metal wall of the ambulance and held onto his neck, just as Sherlock had done. His words were slurred and his vision blurry the only thing that really felt real was the pain radiating off of his neck and the cold metal wall of the ambulance, pressed against his forehead.
"He's injured?" Greg asked. John nodded, but that only brought pain and more blood soaking into the towel.
"Don't move your head." the parametric insisted from the front, talking on some sort of radio.
"He said that if he killed me we could be together forever." John whispered. Greg sighed, but nodded.
"He's crazy John, you surely must see that." he insisted.
"I still love him." John pointed out. He knew it was true, no matter what Sherlock had done, he still loved him. The door opened and he could hear screaming before he could see Sherlock, the paramedic was rolling out a gurney while the police followed behind. John could see Sherlock's curly hair lying on the pillow, twitching and squirming, trying to fight although he was hand cuffed to the handrails.
"JOHN WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY!" he shrieked, shaking the entire gurney as he shook with rage. "YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME, NOW PROOVE IT!"
"Those aren't the words of a sane man." Greg insisted, and a chill went down John's spine as he looked at the boy he loved, engulfed in his own madness, in his own rage.
"SHUT UP MYCROFT!" Sherlock screeched. John got his last look at Sherlock as they wheeled him into another ambulance, his pale skin shining with sweat, his leg covered in a blood soaked rag, but Sherlock couldn't see him. His beautiful head was strapped down so that he couldn't raise it; he couldn't see anything although his multicolored eyes were going every which way, seeing things that weren't there, hearing things that were otherwise quiet.
"JOHN I STILL LOVE YOU, I WILL PROOVE THAT TO YOU, WE WERE MEANT..." his deranged screams were cut off when the ambulance doors shut, and that was the last John saw and heard of Sherlock Holmes, of the boy he was supposed to live his life with. At least for now.
"It's alright John." Greg assured. "He's gone for good." John nodded, but he knew that it was a lie. As he pressed the towel to his neck and watched as the ambulance holding his love started down the driveway, he knew that was not going to be the last he saw of Sherlock Holmes. Somehow he knew that their paths would cross again. Because he was in love with him, no matter how crazy, how twisted and how violent he was, his heart was still beating, it was still longing for someone to love it back. There was a bit of consolation knowing that where ever Sherlock went, some version of Victor accompanied him in his head. Victor could take care of him until John could come reclaim his heart.

A/N: The sequel is published! Titled Let The Shadows Win!!! My goodness, what do I even say? It's over...already? I love this story, definitely in my top three favorites and guess what? THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL! In like, a year and a half. I want to give it time to simmer, but I already know everything about the sequel and if I don't manage to mess it up in anyway, it should be better than the original. This story was actually based on a dream, I had a dream that my neighbor invited me over for dinner but i knew he was going to kill me. Haha. Yes well, I love this story, I love the insanity, and I love the psychopathic love between John and Sherlock. Sunday you all will get a nice little fluffy parentlock, the next one on my queue, and until then it will be a while until I write another one of these author notes. We're kind of just getting started with those two :) so ya, enjoy your lives until then!