Promise of a Lifetime

I repeatedly punch the sand bag with all the emotions that run wild inside of me, the pain, the anger, the sadness, everything; I let it go and allow it to take over me. The force from each of my punches sends the sand bag flying back and forth but it wasn’t enough, I wasn’t satisfied. My body hurts from the long hours of working out my anger but the furious rage inside me is still burning like wild fire. No matter what I do, it would not leave me in peace.

I was born an unwanted child, my father was a married man, one night while he was drunk he accidentally have an affair with my mother and got her pregnant, nine months later I was born. Unable to look after me, my mother left, leaving me with my father.

My father was already married to a women he love and care very much about; she was heavily pregnant with my sister, Angelina. My father wife, Claire, forgives my father for his mistake and understands that he still love and care for her, so she stayed with him and together they live happily.

While they all live happily together, I was thrown aside like some piece of trash, they ignores me, portend I don’t excised so they can live in peace but they have forgotten that my father blood flow through my veins.

My father was born a warrior, like his father and those before him; he became a general and led many to victory in wars. He and many in his army was blessed by Zeus the great God of Thunder with the power of the great wolf, a reward for winning the many wars in his name.

The gift that Zeus gave my father has been passed down to me through blood; I heard that Angelina also receives some of my father powers but the powers are weak.

The sharp sound of the sand bag snapping of it hinges brought me back to reality, I stare blankly at the bag on the floor.

“Onyx if you keep breaking my sand bags I going to have to band you from the gym”

I look up to see Jack walking over with a towel for me “Sorry about the sand bag Jack, I don’t know what came over me”

Jack was once a warrior likes my father but I was told that something bad happen to Jack, something very bad that it almost broke him as a man, no one know what happen and he never talk about it. Jack tall muscular body tower over me, his tan skin and his god like face make girls swooned every time he enter the room.

“I beginning to regret teaching you how to fight and become an assassin, Nyx” his sky blue eyes glitters with amusement as I grab the towel from his hand and pat the sweat away from my face.

“You are so full of bullshit, Jack” I grin up at him, daring him to prove me wrong.

“Nyx, your father would faint if he hears you talk like that”

“Last I check, he still doesn’t give a shit about me so I can say or do as I please”

“If you say so Nyx, now are you ready to get your ass kick” Jack move into his fighting position. Legs slightly apart, both arms up, fists just below the eyes ready to punch.

I throw the towel aside and the fight start, both of us has land some serious punches on each other. It wasn’t hard enough to cause serious damage, just bruises that will hurt like hell in the morning.

The sound of the door force open pulled both of us apart from the fight, with the speed of an assassin I grab my bag and melt into the shadow; there was no time to make an escape. I pull my set of throwing knifes from my bag, all of my senses on full alert.

Jack remains in the light and face our intruder like a true warrior, the sound of footsteps grow louder and nearer.

The stranger step into the light and I recognise him instantly… it was my father.

“I am General Zale Crescent” my father introduce himself to Jack “Are you Jack Hawthorne?”

He hasn’t change at all since I left home five years ago and become an assassin. His hair is still a light shade of golden blond, his body strong, tall and muscular; there is not a bit of fat under his armour. His smoky grey eyes give nothing away, his face were grim a face that many fear but I wasn’t one of them.

“I know who you are” Jack didn’t bother to hide the unpleasantness in his voice “What do you want?”

“My sources has inform me that you know the whereabouts of my daughter, Onyx Crescent”

“Your daughter…? Don’t make me laugh, from what she tells me you don’t even have the right to called her your daughter”

I could see my father patient slipping, his eyes start to turn wild almost wolf like “Tell me where she is or you die”

My father warriors step out from behind him, each pointing an arrow at Jack and I know for a fact that father always poison his arrows head.

“I rather die than tell you where she is”

“That could be arrange”

I step away from the shadow “Enough!”

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

This is my first book so tell me what you think

Onyx XD

x x x