Chapter 22

Steve had offered Bucky his bed but Bucky had profusely refused saying that his hospitality was plenty. Bucky slept on the carpeted floor with a blanket wrapped around his torso, Steve's jumper still keeping him warm and his scent sending him straight to the land of dreams. Steve's large body filled most of the bed and his leg dangled off the side poking out of the duvet. The boys slept peacefully in the presence of each other, the warmth radiating off one another made them feel safe and protected from the outer world.

Steve awoke first, his long lashes fluttering open. He looked to his side where Bucky was fast asleep on the floor, his body curling into a loose ball. He looked beautiful, his long brown hair was splayed out on the pillow, his lips were turned up into a cute smile, and the soft noise coming from his nose that followed each breath almost lulled Steve back to sleep.

Desperate to capture this moment forever Steve reached for his pad and pencils and began to draw the sight in front of him. Since knowing Bucky, Steve had had a need to draw him in every form feeling that a photo wouldn't give Bucky the justice he deserved. Steve's pad was now full of Bucky. He was trying to be as quiet as he could so that he wouldn't wake up the sleeping beauty that had graced his life. Steve loved drawing Bucky, he loved the way his pencil flowed over the paper when drawing him it was so effortless, he loved the shape of his eyes and how he could capture the shine in them, he loved the way his hair fell over his face and the feathery texture he could give him that made it look so life like, but he especially loved drawing the metal arm. The way it glimmered in the sun and caught the light, the way the metal plates moved with each other, and the way his metal fingers curled. Steve had been drawing Bucky for a while and had spent a good portion of that time staring at the mesmerising god in front of him.

"Hey" A soft yawn followed after. Bucky had awoken naturally and at first felt confused at where he was until he remembered that he had spent the night at Steve's. His voice was still groggy and filled with morning but Steve thought it was the best thing to ever grace his ears. The rough undertones lacing with his heavy Brooklyn accent was like music to Steve's ears.

"Morning" a small blush formed on the apple of his cheeks as he realised that he had been staring at Bucky for maybe a bit too long!

"Were you drawing me?" instantly Steve's cheeks turned from a slight pink hue to a deep red colour. Bucky couldn't help but laugh at Steve's reaction knowing that if he denied it his face would give it all away. "Can I see?" slowly Bucky stood up, stretching as he did, and sat on the edge of Steve's bed next to the goofy blond giant.

As Steve passed Bucky his sketchpad he felt sparks through his hand at just a small touch. Bucky's eyes light up as they glossed over the image. He had never seen a drawing of him before but the way Steve had managed to capture all his features, even the ones he hated, was mind-blowing! "This is amazing, thank you." The sincerity on Bucky's face made Steve's heart melt.

"It's ok!"

"No not just for the drawing but for everything. I left you physically broken, sitting on the cold floor barley able to hold up your own weight and then I turn up in your room and you don't even bat an eyelash at me. You should hate me not be drawing pictures of me!" Bucky's hands flew up in the air trying to emphasis his point.

"What was I going to do? Kick you out?" Steve shock his head, "You were so upset. As much as I didn't want to see you I couldn't just leave you like that." His hand had somehow made its way into Bucky's and his thumb was rubbing soft circles into Bucky's pale skin. "I didn't realise when I first saw you standing in the middle of my bedroom but I needed you as much as much as you needed me."

 A/N

Hey guys,

I am away next week so I don't know if I'll be able to write and upload another chapter but I'm going to try and get another one up for you tomorrow night!

I hope you enjoyed it

Izzy xx