🌸C H A P T E R 3

🌹

🌹

"What the hell do you mean you're my babysitter?! I don't even know you!" I exclaimed. I stood up in an angered way, he wasn't fazed of my 5'2 vs his 6'1.

"Either that, or you become my roommate." he said. He smirked a bit at my attitude.

"Who are you! How are you going to go and make demands about my-"

"Mr. Hall asked that I tell you. He wanted to make sure that you are watched this year." he replied.

Is my age going to be hung over my head all year?!

I gathered my things and I walked out of the cafe.

"Don't say that I didn't warn you!"

I ignored his last statement, and walked out of the building. I walked out to the street and into the city. I still have time to kill, why not go and get Starbucks?

The coffee shop was a few blocks down the road, so I walked the whole way down there. My phone dinged and I checked the notification.

'Text me when you can, I want to go grocery shopping later on today!'

I smiled and replied with an 'ok'.

I ordered coffee and headed back out to the busy city. I stopped for a moment and thought to myself, why was that guy telling me that? I hope its some freshman hazing thing, I do not need a babysitter.

~🌟~

My first class of the year was fine, I had no problem getting to it and I have a full page of notes.

My phone rang, it was my dad. I swiped to answer the call. "Hello?"

"Hey Ezra, did you meet Adam yet?"

"Who's Adam?" I asked in confusion.

Then I thought about it.

"Wait dad! I do not need a babysitter!" I pleaded on the phone.

"I wouldn't call him a babysitter, just think of him as your big brother." he replied.

"No dad! Why do I have to have some random guy following me around and checking me all the time?" I snapped.

He sighed. "Don't make it difficult Era, it's only for a year."

"A year I can live without..." I mumbled.

"Don't be like that Ezra, I'm serious. We're kind of helping him out. Mr. Hall asked me because he needs volunteer hours to graduate, I said why not because you're 17 years old in a city you know noting about." Dad snapped.

I shut my mouth quickly. "Alright dad."

"Good. How was your first day at least?"

"It was ok, I found my class in enough time. Lecturing was boring but I'll be fine." I said with a light smile.