Chapter IX

Breathlessly, the three friends waited to see if the ghost king would return. After 7 minutes, they finally decided he was gone. They quietly stood up and tiptoed out of the store they were in.
"So... what do we do now?" Rebecca asked. "The ghost king is most likely going to have the portal highly guarded. With people unlike Ashley."
"Owen!" Micah suddenly snapped his fingers. "You know how to build and work a time machine, right?"
"Yes... Why?" Owen asked.
"Couldn't you build an entirely new network of we found the right parts?" Micah asked.
"Yeah, but I'm not sure if time machines work that way. I've never tried it before," Owen replied.
"Okay, but it's worth the risk right?" Rebecca asked thoughtfully.
"Yes, I suppose, because of I can't build an entirely new network, then we'd get caught either way," Owen agreed. "To build a time machine, I'll need these ingredients: 15 magnets, A kite, some blue glitter, and a praying mantis. I'll find a nice hiding place to put the new portal. Here are cell phones. They already have the other phone numbers on them. When you've decided who gets what, start looking. Once you're done call me to find out the place we're going to build the time machine. Understand the Plan?" Owen questioned.
"Yes... but why specifically a praying mantis?" Micah asked.
"We need praying mantis genes. There's a specific part of them that make the time machine work. It's..... Complicated," Owen tried to explain.
"Uh... Okay?" Rebecca asked rather than stated. "I Guess I'll leave Micah to getting the praying mantis and kite. I'll get the glitter and magnets. Is the that okay with you Micah?" Rebecca asked.
"I guess," Micah said.

A HALF HOUR LATER

       "Hey Owen," Rebecca said over the phone. "Where are you? I've got the ingredients that I was assigned to pick up."
       "Go to the movie theatre, then go outside of town. After that, turn left. Walk a little farther and you should see a cave on your right. That's where I am," Owen replied. Rebecca thought his voice sounded a little odd, but brushed it off knowing voices usually sound different over telephone.
       When she reached the cave, she went inside, and as soon as she came to the main part of the cave a transparent hand was put over her mouth. Though it was transparent, it was strong, and she couldn't free herself from such a grip. She was tightly bound and gagged, and finally her captor showed his face.
       "Ah, so you're one of Owen's little friends, aren't you?" The ghost king asked. "You're smart. But not smart enough."