1: Thirteen years

-Happy birthday!

Mrs. Weasley has a big cake on her hands, and all the Weasley clap when I go down the stairs while I thank Francesca for reminding me to put on my clothes before going down. I imagine that otherwise the applause would have been louder.

The twins run towards me and give me a big hug while they mess up my hair, which is pretty messy alreasy, since I just got up. Apparently, Francesca can't take care of everything. Maybe she's jealous for my birthday. Will her birthday be on the same day as mine or was born another day?

My birthday is the fifteenth of September, Leyla, Francesca says, always caring.

Oh. Thanks, I say. Now gow away. Shu. I'm having a special moment here.

-What do you say? -George asks.

-Oh... er... nothing.

-Something about shuuu -Fred mimics me.

-It's the excitement about getting old.

-True! Isn't it great? You now have thirteen years.

-Right! Now I can do... the same things I could do when I was twelve.

-That's not true. You can go now to Hogsmeade... and with authorization -he adds whispering.

I can't avoid blushing. I remember the time I went with him to Hogsmeade, when I was on first year, without permission. We kissed in the tunnel, getting away from McGonnagall and Filtch. Hard to forget, for several reasons.

-Congratulations -says Ginny with a big smile. I'm glad to see her so well after what happened just a few weeks ago in the Chamber of Secrets. That still gives me chills-. Do you like the chocolate cake?

-Percy loves it -George remarks -. He would even trade his sweet Penelope for a nice piece of cake.

And we all se that, endeed, he already served a piece for himself.

-Nonsense -Percy says offended, and he gets up from the table (but notice that he didn't forget his portion).

-Percy, you can stay with us -Mrs. Weasley says.

-No, no. Anyways, I was already leaving. I have important things to do.

Mr. Offended Prefect leaves with his food upstairs, while I make a face at his back. The twins try to hide their laugh.

-You two, leave your brother alone -their mother says -. And now, Leyla, happy birthday darling! -she gives me a kiss on my forehead and a really warm hug. -Sit down please, there's a place next to Ron. Would you like some cake?

-Give some to Ron first, he looks desperate. -I sit next to him and hug him from the side.

-Oh, Leyla, I'm sorry. I was thinking... have a happy birthday.

I give him his portion and soon every Weasley has a piece of the delicious chocolate cake.

-What is so important to leave food to a side? -I ask him with my mouth full -.Mrs. Weasley, this cake is amazing.

-Thank you, darling.

-Scabbers -Ron says, plunging the spoon in his portion, yet not eaten-. He's not ok.

Fred and George look at each other.

-What did you do to him? -Ron says with an accusing look.

The twins put their hands up.

-Easy, little brother, we didn't do anything to him.

-But you must admit that Scabbers is a bit old, don't you think?