Playing With Chance - Chapter 12

Start bij het begin

I think I'm too lazy to do that.

Just like I'm too lazy to pull 'friend' out of quotes when I'm using the word for Hero, and Brandy.  I really should do that.....

I walked inside with just enough time to run to my locker, and make it to my first class.  

Looks like I won't be able to talk to Chance until lunch.

I am planning on talking to Chance today.  If I'm going to talk to him I don't want it to be on the terms of my crazy, 'friend', and if I don't talk to him today it won't be on my own terms.  

Would Chance really come over to my house if he knew I didn't invite him?

Hero could probably convince him that it was me....

Too bad.....

"Elizabeth!" my teacher yelled making my head jerk up.

"They cut off people's heads," Brandy whispered under her breath.

I'm going to trust her on that.

"They cut off people's heads," I told the teacher.

He glared at me, "With what?"

"The Guillotine," I guessed.  

We were talking about the french revolution.  Right?

He glared a little more, but went on with his lesson.  

Hurray for good guessing.  He might have caught it if I had Brandy tell me again.

I should probably pay attention now.  He won't like me if I don't listen again.

"Now," Hero said glaring at me.

I smiled at him, "Nope."

"If you don't you know what will happen," he threatened.

"I will..." I said drawing out the word will, "Live my life to its fullest as a happy flying squirrel?"

"No.  That is not what's going to happen."

I think he was going to continue, but I interrupted him, "Does that mean that I'm going to be a...  dog?  Because I would love to be able to bite you, and get away with it."

"Elizabeth!  Give my lunch back!"

"Why?"

"Because he's a growing boy, and he needs his nutrition," Brandy answered.

"You're right.  He is growing.  Have you gone up in pants size lately?" I asked looking at him with curiosity.

"No.  She means I'm getting taller."

"Defensive much?"

"I'm not getting fat!!  Give me my food!"

Looking over at Brandy I could see that she was trying not to laugh, "What do you think Brandy?  Is he putting on weight?"

"I don't know," she said looking thoughtful, "He has been eating more then usual."

"All the more reason to give me my food.  Eating more means that my stomach is growing, and I need more food to be satisfied," Hero protested.

"Maybe we can figure out a workout plan," I suggested.

Brandy nodded her head, "We can do that when we come over tonight."

"If you're going to make me work out I'm going to need all the Calories I can get.  Can I have my food now?"

"We could also come up with a diet plan."