Chapter 6

Draco's POV

Draco had no idea what to do with kids, but he was just about to apparate to Hermione's apartment to look after one.

He shut the door behind him and locked it, he breathed deeply before focusing on Hermione's apartment and apparated. He was outside her apartment, raising his hand to the door. He was just about to knock when the door swung open and he nearly fell over.

Hermione was standing in the doorway, holding Teddy with her left hand and door knob with her right. She was smiling. A very beautiful smile. She had flour all over her face, along with Teddy. Draco blushed slightly. He thought she looked beautiful standing there, messy hair and a tight singlet and tracksuit pant shorts.

"Hey come in, We were just making dinner." she laughed.

"Making Dinner? How could you have made this mess making dinner." He mocked her slightly.

" We are making homemade Gnocci. It can be very messy, especially when a toddler takes part in rolling the potato." She smiled even more.

Draco walked in and gasped when he saw that Hermione's living room and kitchen was filled with toys and flour everywhere.

"Granger." He gave her a -what-the-hell-happened look.

"I know it's messy but i will fix it later." She sighed

He waved his wand and the mess disappears but the toys are still scattered around the house.

"Much better." He says, putting himself on the couch.

"Draco, this is Teddy, Teddy this Draco." she said, she had one hand behind Teddy, pushing him a little closer.

"Hello, Nice to meet to Dwaco." Teddy smiled, he had a few teeth missing.

"Nice to meet you too Teddy." he smiled down at Teddy. Teddy ran away back to the kitchen laughing and talking with Hermione. He went a sat down on the couch

He closes his eyes slightly, but realises that all the noise Teddy was making had disappeared. He sat up a bit, he looked over at the kitchen and saw Hermione cooking, smiling.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked

"Nothing." She said, turning back to the stove.

Draco lied down again, he then felt two small hands on the top of his head, Teddy had two handfuls of flour in which he just put in his hair. Draco stood up quickly to find a laughing Teddy behind the couch. Teddy's hair turned a bright pink.

Anger in him was boiling, but he took deep breaths and calmed himself down.

"You're gonna pay for that." He chuckled. Teddy let out a squeal when Draco ran around the side of the couch to chase him.

He chased Teddy around the living room, purposing going slower. He caught up to him, wrapping his arms around him, lifting him into the air. He squealed again, playfully kicking the air.

"Put me down." He laughed.

"okay." Draco placed him down, teddy ran off to the Kitchen.

"Aunt Mione' when will dinner be ready?" he asked.

"Now." she placed three bowls on the table, and Teddy raced to his chair and waited patiently for Draco.

They ate silently, Draco glanced at Hermione when he could.

"why do you keep looking aunt mione'" Teddy turned to Draco, looking as innocent as ever.

Draco's eyes widened, he felt fire burn up his cheeks. He looked back at Hermione, she was blushing as well.

"Because.......aunt mione' is very beautiful." He was being honest, but did she know he was?

"oh.... i guess." he mumbled, taking another piece of gnocci.

Hermione and Draco chuckled, and teddy looked up smiling to himself.

Draco got up and picked up the bowls and took them to the kitchen sink. Hermione followed behind him with glasses.

"Good save back there." She whispered.

"Thanks." If only she knew he meant it.

Draco honestly didn't know how he felt about Hermione, all he did know is that whatever he felt, she didn't feel in return. He liked her, she was beautiful, smart, kind. Everything Draco didn't deserve.

"alright Teddy, its time for bed alright" She walked away from the kitchen, leaving Draco to dry the rest of the dishes.

She was gone for a good fifteen minutes and when she came back, she sat on the couch with a DVD in her hand.

"I have a surprise for you!" She said while patting the seat next to her.

He sat down beside her.

"This movie is called Footloose. It's pretty much about a bunch of dancing teens, again, one of my favourite movies of all time." She put the DVD in and pressed play, they sat back and started watching.

When the credits came by, they were playing the theme song "Footloose."

Hermione stood up in front of Draco and held out her hand.

"Let's Dance." She smiled at him.

"Really?" he whined.

"Yes, Now stand up." She grabbed his hand and lifted him off the couch.

she grabbed his other hand and awkwardly started dancing. When the chorus came and the song became from more upbeat Hermione broke away and started singing slightly, Draco laughed.

"You're hopeless at singing." he chuckled.

"Let's see you try." She smiled.

"Better not" he laughed.

Just as the song was finishing, Hermione came back to Draco, laughing. Her smile faded a little when Draco took a step closer to her. He put a hand around her waist, closing the gap between them. He started leaning down when there was a knock on the door. She pulled away quickly and went to the front door, leaving Draco.

"Ginny, home so early!" She smiled happily.

Draco walked up behind Hermione.

"Weaslette, and Potter?" he looked behind Ginny and saw Harry standing silently behind her.

"Potter as well Malfoy." Ginny held up her left hand and wiggled her ring finger.

"Please come in." Hermione opened the door wider and the couple walked in.

"Where's Teddy?"Harry asked sternly.

"Sleeping in Hermione's room." Draco turned to Harry, with a sour look on his face.

Harry pushed past Draco heading towards Hermione's room.

Ginny turned towards the couple. "I'm sorry, HARRY." She yelled out after him and followed him.

Hermione walked over to the living room and started packing up blankets. Draco sighed and lent against the table top. Ginny came out with a bag full of toys and a sleeping Teddy.

"Thanks so much for looking after him, it helped a lot. But i will see you tomorrow to help you get ready for the ball." Ginny squealed.

"Thanks Gin'" she hugged her, trying not to disturb Teddy.

"I should get going as well." Draco kissed Hermione on the cheek before apparating to his own apartment.

He landed in his living room and collapsed on the couch. He rubbed his eyes and scratched the back of his head. There were still bits of flour in his hair. He was confused. He had no clue what to do.But Hermione was still acting this fake relationship. How long would it last, he didn't know. But it had to end sometime and he wasn't looking forward to it.