Chapter 38 - Surprise

Start from the beginning

"I'll be back before sunset"

"Then why are you making it sound so bad?"

Then realization hits me. What he is trying to say with his sad eyes and why he called me out here out of the blue.

He was going.

Going to fight.

I suddenly feel concerned for him. The first time I saw him after weeks he had a blue eye and the rumors were terrible.

"Did they call you? Is it anything serious?" I ask as he squeezes my hands.

"Answer me"
"I know you don't like it but I cant bail on them just when they need me. They were there for me through thick and thin so I have to return the favor"

"I'm not telling you not to leave, am I? Its just I am worried for you"

"I knew you would be, that's why I called you. I didn't want you to get the wrong idea after all we agreed not to hide anything from each other," His smile ugh.

"Anyway what happened?" I say changing the subject and ignoring the fact that my heart did a crazy somersault.

"Well they got tangled in a mess, its not a big thing, don't let it get to you okay?"

I nod still unsure whether I should encourage him in this or not.

He bends down and kisses my hands.

"I love you"
Sudden warmth spreads around my chest.

"I love you too," I stand on my toes so I reach his height and kiss him on the lips. At first it was supposed to be a quickie love you kind of a reminder but as soon as our lips touch the heated make out session begins.

His strong arms holds me in as I fit in it just perfectly.

We break the kiss and both of us are breathing heavily. A wicked smile is present in both of our faces as our eyes are fixated on each other.

"If only I didn't have to leave any sooner, I would be ripping your clothes off," I gasp.

"Keep it together, Kruz," I tease but my condition wasn't any better.

Anton's phone buzzes in his pocket. He gets it out and reads it.
His eyes shot up to me.

"Gotta go?" I ask.
He nods.

I look down at the ground, disappointed.

He chuckles.

"Sweetheart, this ain't over yet it"ll resume as soon as I'm back," He says and walks pass me. I get hold of his wrist quickly.

"Be careful okay?"

He nods and kisses me on the forehead.

"I'll be back"

I walk up to my friends in the cafeteria. Riley is sitting with Kristen on his lap and seem to in their own world.

Cuties.

Charlotte and lover boy are both waiting for my approach. Charlotte seems impatient for my arrival. Ugh nothing passes by her. I bite my lip as I lower my head and take the seat next to Charlotte.

"Phoebe Christina Holt," She starts. Uh Oh.

Riley and Kristen both look at me abruptly when they hear my full name and of course notice Charlotte's rage.

"Where the hell were you during the lecture, you know how important the lecture was right!? Even a day's absence means leaving a huge mark behind!" She shouts grabbing the attention of the entire cafeteria.