Chapter Two

It's now Friday night and I have spent everyday with the guys. Tonight they said they were gonna be busy so I'm going to a bonfire party on the beach with my friend June and Kennedy. June, Kennedy, and I are gonna go shopping to find a outfit for tonight, we have been to almost every store and I still haven't found anything. We walked into a new store and I instantly found a pair of black short shorts with studs on the front and a dark blue flowy loose tank top with a leather jacket, I went and bought it and we left to get ready.

June bought a pair of black skinny jeans and a red tank top, Kennedy bought a pair of purple shorts and a black and purple tank top. We got back to June's house and June did her makeup and curled her black hair, Kennedy doesn't wear makeup so she just pulled her hair into a ponytail, and I redid my makeup and straightened my hair. I looked at June and she was a petite black haired girl with brown eyes, while Kennedy was a tall,slightly chubby like me, girl with brown hair and dark green eyes.

We put on our new clothes and left so we could be on time, but we arrived at the beach twenty minutes after the party had begun. We have been at the party for two hours and it was so much fun, but that soon got ruined. June and Kennedy went to the boardwalk to get something to eat so I was all alone with some drunk guys dancing around the fire. I was leaning against a rock a few feet away from the fire when I heard the guys start screaming so I ran over to the drunk screaming men when a man in a familiar black coat turned around when I noticed that it was David.

I screamed when I saw him covered in blood and his face didn't look human, but I noticed he also had fangs. "Shit!" I heard him yell but I started running as fast as I could in the sand but David grabbed my wrist. I looked at him and he looked normal, "YOU'RE A MONSTER!" I screamed at David. Paul, Marko, Dwayne, and David winced when I yelled that but I didn't care. "Please listen and let us explain." David begged, "You kill people." I muttered and ripped my arm from his grasp. "I should of listened to Edgar and Alan." I kept whispering to myself as I walked away.

I walked into the comic store and ignored the questions Alan and Edgar were asking and went to bed. The next morning I woke up and it was already 11:30 so I got ready and went to help the guys out downstairs. "Are you okay? You seemed upset last night." Edgar asked once I got done helping a customer, "I'm fine." I told him and went back to my book.

Around eight I needed to go talk to Max so I left and walked over. "Hey Max. Can I talk to you?" I asked as I walked in and stood at the counter, "Yeah what's up?" Max asked. "You know David and his gang?" I asked, "Yeah, what about them?" he looked confused. "Well they're vampires. I saw them last night on the beach, they killed these guys." I told him, he was always a authority figure so I wasn't scared of his reaction. "I know, I'm one too." he told me and I instantly got scared so I backed up towards the door but ran into a hard figure... David. "Calm down River. We need to explain and you need to know that you're David's mate." Max spoke up. I sat down on the counter and they explained everything to me, "I'm not rejecting you or anything but how is this gonna work? I mean when I'm sleep you guys are awake and when you guys are asleep I'm awake." I asked, "We'll figure it out okay. But you also have to live with us." David told me and I walked to the comic store to tell the guys that I found a place to live and they didn't like that but I couldn't change anything so I got my stuff, said good bye and left.

I walked back to Max's with my two bags of clothes and personal stuff, David strapped my bags onto his motorcycle and we went to the cave so I could settle in. I got to sleep in a old bed that was in a corner and went to sleep, I woke up way before the guys so I went outside to the 'living room' and walked circles on the fountain. But I got bored so I grabbed a book I found and started reading it.