My Charming

Raven stood in front of her best friend with a pained look on her face. Madeline was a bit oblivious to her friend's problem due to her own obsessions. "Maddie, are you listening?" 

"Huh. Sorry, Raven. What's wrong?" Maddie finally snapped out of her trance.  

Raven sat down on her bed and hung her head down into her lap. "I like this...guy. I don't know what to do." 

"Is this guy Dexter?" Maddie smirked. 

Raven shot up from the bed with an embarrassed look on her face. "How did you know? I never told anyone!" 

Madeline placed her hand on Raven's forearm to comfort her. "I'm your best friend. I just know these things, Raven." Maddie could see the look on her friend's face relax and turn back to normal. 

"So, what should I do?" Raven sounded frantic as she paced back and forth. 

Maddie rolled her eyes because the answer was so obvious. "Tell him!" 

"No, I can't. How could I? He would never like someone like me," Raven told Maddie something she had been telling herself all along. 

Maddie mumbled something in riddlish that Raven couldn't understand and walked off. "She's back to her old self again. She must be going to see Hopper. I don't know what she sees in that boy," Raven thought to herself.  

Dexter was walking to visit C.A. Cupid. He walked into her room and immediately she lit up. "Hey, Dexter what do you want?"  

He ran his hand up and down the back of his neck. "I wanted to talk to you about Raven." 

Cupid got a disappointed look about her. "Dexter, you still like her?"  

He sat down in one of her heart shaped chairs, "Why wouldn't I? She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." 

Cupid was fed up with hearing about Raven. "Raven this and Raven that. What's so special about Raven?" she thought. "I don't think Raven likes you. No, I know for a fact she doesn't." 

"How do you know?" Dexter looked extremely sad. 

"I'm Cupid." She had a smile creeping onto her face. 

Dexter quickly wiped away a tear that was running down his cheek. "I guess I'll just have to wait for her...my queen." 

"You're gonna waste years waiting for a girl who may never like you? Don't waste your time. You'll regret it later, trust me. You should date a friend," Cupid argued. 

"A friend?" Dexter was puzzled. 

Cupid was closer than ever to having Dexter for herself. "You know a friend. Someone who knows everything about you. Someone you spend a lot of time with." 

"I don't know anyone like that," Dexter was feeling beyond awkward. He rose up from his seat, and he began walking out the door. 

Desperately Cupid shouted after him, "What about me?" 

"You? I never thought about you that way, but I guess I'll give it a shot. It might take my mind off Raven." Dexter was more reluctant than Cupid thought he would be.

The Next Day 

They were in Mr. Jack B. Nimble's class. Raven was sitting behind Dexter, who was asking everyone if they had seen C.A. Cupid. Just before the late bell rang for class, Cupid rushed in looking rather frazzled and distracted. She sat next to Dexter as she usually did since they were good friends.  

"Hi, babe," she said in a slightly loud whisper. Raven was waiting intently for Dexter's response. 

"Hey, where were you?" he asked. Cupid was too busy shuffling through papers to find her notes to answer promptly.