Destroyed

I could hear my heart monitor slowing down to a slow and unsteady beat as I began to lose control of my breathing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything hurt!

Why was I in so much pain!

Then it all came rushing back, the other side, the fire, the hospital...

Wait... am I dead?

I attempted to open my eyes but they remained glued shut, I tried moving my hands but I stayed as stiff as a board! The least I could do was twitch my fingers.

"She's waking! Give her more anesthetic!" A faint voice shouted,

Suddenly my breathing became heavy and tiresome, my oxygen mask was the only thing keeping me alive right now.

I felt someone stick a pointy object in my upper arm,

As I drifted back into my own dazing dream land I could feel the salty drops rolling down my cheeks.

Before I knew it I was out like a light, not knowing my chances of survival or death.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Something went wrong in the surgery" I heard a deep soothing voice explain to a pair of sobbing people.

"What happened? Will she be ok?!" A familiar voice questioned.

"We don't exactly know the outcome... If she doesn't wake up in the next 4-16 hours we will put her on life support and it's your decision after that" The deep voice explained.

Are they talking about me?

"But what happened in surgery!?" Another familiar voice asked through a waft of tears.

"She began to wake, we think her body tried too hard to wake up causing her to use all her energy which slowed down her immune system. We continued the surgery but we're not completely sure if her body can handle the healing process" He continued,

"Thank you doctor" The familiar voices whispered as the doctor left the room.

I felt a hand touch mine which caused a bolt of pain to shoot through my entire body, the contact made me capable of feeling the pain again!

My chest throbbed, it felt as if it could explode in any second. I wanted to cry out in pain but I couldn't open my mouth.

"Veronica please wake up! We need you!" the voice cried, I almost immediately noticed it was my mother,

Mommy please! I'm trying to wake up! My body won't let me! Just give me a few more minutes!

Something strange happened next, something unexpected!

I was hovering over my own body, staring at my lifeless form, the pain disappeared. I could finally breath!

My parents sat either side of me holding tightly onto each of my hands as my heart moniter skipped a beat every few seconds.

Where was I?

I glanced around, everything looked as though I was just flying in real life.

"I'm sorry..." A young voice whispered.

I looked to my side to see Sophie sobbing alongside of me, Why was I in the other side!? For a moment I felt a tinge of sorrow until I saw what she was doing.

"Sophie Let Go Of Me!" I ordered trying to free my wrist from her grasp but she wouldn't let go "Your acting sucks you know!"

"Look Veronica you had twenty long years to live on this planet I only had six! Don't be selfish!" She whispered aggressively,

Sophie was draining the remainder of energy out of me which was causing my human body to shake violently in need for air, I watched as my parents called for doctors, the doctors began to give me CPR. My heart monitor began to stay at a standstill.

"LET GO OF ME!" I shouted pushing Sophie away with all my might, she tumbled backwards, I was not going to die! Not today anyway.

"Let me live! I want to see my parents again!" She shrieked as tears rushed down her cheeks,

"If you hadn't have done what you did I would have given you my life with no bother but because of your selfish actions none of us can have what we want!" I responded.

"This place is crumbling and I'm not going down with it!" She shouted,

"Well I don't know about you but when it does you don't have a life form to return to" I stated as everything around us began to fade.

"Veronica... Please?" She whispered as tears slowly streamed down her face, her puppy dog eyes glistening.

Before I could answer I felt myself tumbling backwards and everything going black.

I opened my eyes abruptly as electric currents of pain shot around my whole body,

Really the defibrillator again!?

I coughed and wheezed heavily in attempt to breath,

"Oh Veronica you're ok!?" My mother cried giving my cheek a gentle soft kiss.

Someone placed the oxygen mask above my mouth and nose allowing me to take quick but helpful breaths.

This was it! Finally! The other side had been destroyed!

(Hope you guys liked this chapter I spent ages writing it with a little help from merrelltwinner05 thanks Maisie <3 Also thank you guys for 500 votes! It means so much to me<3)