Chapter 31: Take Me Back To The Start

Start from the beginning

“Yea, she fixed Monty too…when he got that moonshine poisoning..”

Clarke looked and Bellamy, who put his arms around her reassuringly. “You won’t lose her, Clarke.”

***

I was just guessing, at numbers and figures,
Pulling the puzzle apart,
Questions of science, Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me,
Oh, and I rush to the start

15 years later:

“Do you think Clarke bought that crap about her mother wanting to see her?” Octavia asked Raven excitedly.

“Of course she did! She’s not as smart as I am, is she?”

“Shouldn’t we be following her? Getting pictures in that camera thing Raven made?” Bellamy asked.

“Yea, let’s go…I wonder why I had to get 1200 candles though…”Lincoln wondered aloud. “Someone’s tryin to burn this whole place down!”

---

“Seriously mom! The cliff! It’s almost sundown, and you want me to go to the bloody cliff!”

“It’ll just be 20 minutes in Raven’s car, honey…and with the new short cut road, I think it’ll be even faster. We need those bioluminescent herbs, sweetie, or my patient won’t survive.”

“Fine…” Clarke agreed. “I still don’t see why you can’t send one of your apprentices for stuff like this!”

“Cause you know the place…isn’t it where you and Lexa first—"

“Ok I get the point, stop!” Clarke cut her mother mid sentence. “I’ll be back soon…”

“Or not,” Abigail giggled.

“Excuse me?”

“Just go Clarke! The man is dying! He needs those plants for the love of god!”

As Clarke left, Octavia and Raven came out from behind the pillar. “He needs those plants for the love of god?” Raven laughed. “You go Mama Griffin!”

“Well what are we waiting for? Let us follow Clarke too!” Octavia said and broke into a sprint.

***

15 years earlier

“I don’t know who named her…”

“What?”Raven asked, now seated beside her, opposite the surgery room, along with Bellamy.

“Or what her parents’ names were. Or how terrible and awesome Anya was while training her…”

“Clarke..”

“There’s so much I have to tell her Ray. And so much I have to ask from her. I haven’t even shown her the sketch I made of her, while I was with NouKru…”

“You’ll get time, Clarke…you’ll get your chance…”

“But what if this is..goodbye? I didn’t even get the chance to tell her goodbye…I was so angry with her for the whole Costia thing, I didn’t even get a chance to tell her properly how much I love her and that I need her…”

“Clarke,” she looked up on hearing her mother’s voice. “She’s stabilized…you can go see her now…”

---

“Lexa?”

“Clar..ke”

“You made it,” Clarke half laughed, half sobbed. “You big idiot doofus you made it…”