" i've missed you. " 2nd part

Start from the beginning

what they didn't know was that they were being watched.

a frown graced upon her lips with a tint of disgust gleaming in her eyes. this was unacceptable. what she witnessed was unacceptable-- unforgivable! a sin made by both men. it was a sin that even god wouldn't be able to forgive.

"why..."

***

the next morning, the first thing that yuri knew was that his father barged in his room with an aura filled with rage. as soon as his father spoke, yuri's mind went into gear and woke quickly. "you are a disgrace to this family!" said his father and yanked him out of his comfortable bed. "you were gone and you made us worry for three whole days, yuri. and this is what i hear after a week of your reappearance!? you, seeking a man and having a romantic relationship with him!?"

"father, i--" even if yuri tried to reason with his father, he remained unheard and voiceless as he was dragged out of his room, and out of the castle. seething with rage, his father sent him inside a carriage and what yuri heard from him made his heart pound hard and scared, "take him to the chamber and lock him there. he needed not to stay in this castle anymore for he has been a disgrace. and while you're at it," his father turned to his henchmen, "search for the man who he seeks with, and lock him up for punishment!"

before the carriage took off, yuri met gazes with the maiden, and he swore he saw a smile on her face.

***

"let go of me!" yuri yelled as he tried to get out of the guards' grasp on his arms, "i said: let go of me! i can go inside that cell alone, for heaven's sake! and i won't even try to get out!" with that, the guards were forced to let go of him, and he went inside the cell that had nothing but dried hay in it. "just so you know, i may be disgusting, but you all are such disgraces."

"oh, do not speak like that, my prince." his eyebrows furrowed as soon as he heard a feminine voice.

"you."

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to tell father about it." she walked towards the cell and smiled down on yuri, "but i can't help but tell. it was interesting, really. and here i thought you'll soon be the king to rule this land."

"..." gritting his teeth, yuri knew he had nothing to argue. she saw the two of them that night, and it could either be an accident or on purpose that she watched them. after a two minute silence, she laughed and held both her hands, "what, cat got your tongue...

...brother?"

***

he had been in this place for who knows how long. he was hurting all over. wounds, bruises, everything hurt. even when he opened his eyes, he felt pain all over his body. he remembered his front door being bust open, and guards filing inside the room ssearching for him. and when they knew it was him, they tied his hands and dragged him to this hell chamber. what did he do?

"otabek, so that's your name." he heard one of the guards speak up in front of him, "you are captured and punished for engaging a sinful relationship with the prince."

his mind went awake and he saw yuri's image before him. "where is he!?" he asked, abruptly sitting up, causing his new and fresh wounds to make conact with the dried hay underneath him, but he discarded the pain. he had to know where yuri was.

"the prince is currently in a separate chamber." one said while sharpening the knife he was holding, "but that is not your business to interfere. we left behind an important appoinment because you passed out."