" more than just carry my books "

starring: yuri (yurio) plisetsky and yuuri katsuki
disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters. headcanon/s may or may not be mine, but the rightful owners will always be given credit. i only own the plot (except if i've taken a reference--the rightful owner will still be given credit).

heads-up: these one shots may or may not be unedited. if unedited, i will edit it when i have time. all grammatical errors and spelling errors will be corrected by then.

enjoy.

***

yurio was walking home from school one day after studying for his chemistry exam when he noticed the boy in front of him had tripped and dropped all of the books was carrying, along with two sweaters, a pair of ice skating shoes (that yurio had no idea why the boy has that), and a small recorder. yurio, feeling like he couldn't leave this boy alone, walked ahead of him, bent down, and helped him carry some books, the sweaters, and the small recorder in his hand.

"ah-- i can carry t-those--" the boy said but yurio said, "since we're heading the same way, i can help you carry them." now that yurio caught a glimpse of the boy, he recognized him immediately; the boy's name was yuuri katsuki, a japanese student in the school they attend to. he was the only japanese in their school, and he had always been going up and down the popularity chart. yuuri was yurio's senior, it seemed.

"a-alright--.. if it's not much trouble to you.." yuuri said, finally giving in.

as they were walking, yurio asked about the books and everything that he was holding. "ah, i was cleaning my locker. i wouldn't want to trouble myself looking for things i needed for the classes." yurio nodded and listened to him further. he then discovered that yuuri loved to ice skate (something that yurio had been trying to learn). yuuri also had been having trouble with other subject and that he also had a few personal problems with his family and friends.

they arrived at yuuri's house (which was, indeed, bigger than yurio's place) and yurio was invited in for a coke and to watch some television. the afternoon passed with a few laughs and some shared a few talk, and then yurio went home. both yuuri and yurio continued to see each other and even had lunch together once or twice. yurio was there to see yuuri graduate from junior high school. they both ended up in the same high school where they had brief contacts over the years.

during weekends and even vacations, yuuri picked yurio up and took him to an ice rink, where yuuri taught him how to ice skate.

finally, the long awaited senior year came and three weeks before yuuri's graduation, he asked yurio if they could talk.

yuuri reminded him of the day years ago when they had first met. "you must have been wondering why i wanted to talk to you," said yuuri with a gentle smile as he adjusted his glasses, "you see, i cleaned out my locker because i didn't want to leave a mess for anyone else. i had stored away some of my mother's sleeping pills and i was going home to commit suicide. but after we spent some time together, talking and laughing, i realized that if i had killed myself, i would have missed that time and so many others that might follow--especially the time you asked me to teach you how to skate, and those times we cheered for yuzuru hanyu's programs and as well as yulia lipnitskaya's."

yuuri paused and smiled a little bigger, "so you see, yurio... when you picked up those books that day, you did a lot more. you saved my life."