Chapter THIRTY: Girl Meets What Happens Next

Start from the beginning

"You set me up!"

"So, basically what you're saying is that letting your heart have free reign can hurt you and those around you?" I asked. She nodded.

"And pure intellect?"

"To never follow your heart is a life unlived."

"Sense and sensibility? Can anyone, aside from Skipper, tell me what's the most important word in the title?"

"Sense."

"Sensibility."Farkle's hand went up.

"Farkle."

"And. Head 'and' heart. You need to use both."

"Very good."

"You have until New Years Eve. This horn blows at midnight." He glanced at me, and I gave him a small, worried nod.

~~~

I stood with Farkle at the door, who wore black jeans and a red sweater

I stood with Farkle at the door, who wore black jeans and a red sweater. The door opened and we stepped inside.

"Happy New Year, Riley." I told her, hugging her.

"Tick, Tick, Tick-"

"Farkle, welcome to my party. Have a great time." Lucas appeared around Riley and I gave them a small smile. Only Riley could see that it was an apoligetic one. Farkle wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me over to the couch. I said down, My hands fidgiting nervously in my lap.

"I know you didn't want to, but thank you for coming with me." He whispered in my ear. I nodded, leaning into his side.

"I'm scared, Farkle."

"I know...me too."

~~~

Later, Farkle and I stood by the wall, watching the party.

"What do ya got there, Charlie?" Riley asked, approaching him.

"It's The Couples Game. Wanna play?"

"What is it?" Lucas asked loudly.

"Oh gosh, this is happening." I said, grabbing Farkle's hand and turning his attention to them.

"Shows if you'd be a good couple or not. Wanna play?"

"No!" Riley and Lucas said together.

"What's wrong, Lucas? Scared?"

"No, I'm not scared of anything. Let's go."

"Riley, I think you might find this interesting."

"Won't we all?" I dragged Farkle over.

"Would you like to be my partner?"

"Sure." Riley told him.

"Count us in too." I said. They'd need someone to diffuse things if it got too awkward.