Chapter 12: Love It's Complicated (Pic of Mikaila's Hair)

Start from the beginning

He made her promise to not file any charges against me, stating the cops would only be on her like white of rice because her profession wasn't exactly legal. Ahah! See I knew deep down inside they were a little more than strippers!

He shoved an extra hundred dollar bill into her hand and once again closed the door. Leaning with his back against it, he let out a huge sigh. "Whew."

AJ stood with his arms around a visibly upset Reese, she was always quick to forgive him. They hardly ever stayed mad at one another and rarely argued.

Gemma stood with her arms crossed over her chest glaring at Alex who was in front of her trying to beg for her forgiveness.

My eyes finally zoned in on Zac who stood there with his hands in his pockets. He's been awfully quiet during all this and I wondered why?

"Let me go Chad." I demanded wanting to get closer to Zac so that I could see what he had to say.

"You calm now?" He asked ducking his head around to look me in the eye. I nodded my head and he unwrapped his arms from around me.

I wrung my hands together nervously as I took each painful step closer to him. My fingers running over the ring on my finger.

Wasn't this meant to be some form of a promise to never hurt me? What the hell was the purpose of this little piece of metal if he was already doing damage even before we made any vows to one another?

Stopping in front of him I looked up to meet his glossy bloodshot eyes. "What do you have to say for yourself?" My throat was dry so my voice came out hoarse from screaming at the skank.

"It was all in good fun Kai. Nothing happened." Zac said quietly almost in a whisper.

"Nothing happened? NOTHING HAPPENED?!?" I screamed loudly startling Gemma causing her to jump. "Something would've happened if we didn't come in and interrupt when we did!"

"Well nothing did happen." He said again, his voice a little louder this time. Why was acting like such an asshole? He had no remorse what so ever for what almost went down! "You girls interrupted it before anything did."

It was as though he was trying to seem tough in front of the guys or something. As though he became a completely different person when he drank...something he should no longer do by the way.

His nonchalantness caused the anger to build inside of me at an alarming rate. I clenched my jaw down hard and if looks could kill, he'd be dead right now.

I hated belligerent Zac with a passion, he was nothing at all like my sweet, kind hearted, loving Zac that took such good care of me.

Drunk Zac was fun to be around, he's loose and the life of the party...belligerent Zac was a totally different story.

What came over me next was unexplainable. I reached up and slapped Zac across his face. His head jerking to one side as I did so.

"You know what Zac, you're absolutely right, no-thing happened. Sorry to disappoint you and ruin the fun you planned on having tonight." I spat out glaring at him hatefully.

Taking off the ring that I whole-heartedly accepted not so long ago, I grabbed his hand in my own. He looked at me in confusion as to why I was holding his hand all of a sudden.

"Seems as though you're not through having your fun yet. I can't be with someone who's one person one day and another when he's drunk past his limit." I fought back the tears in my eyes as I dropped the ring in the palm of his hands and closed his fingers around it.

"I feel like I don't even know who you are right now, I need space...we need space." I choked out as I dropped his hand and walked out of the quiet room.