Storm comes rolling in

Lucien

I'd awoken to a knock on my door and Klaus telling me to get dressed as his sister was coming for brunch. Though I knew more sinister motives were at work in the mind of that son of a bitch I elected to ignore it for now. Something wasn't sitting right with me, perhaps it was my brother whose notable lack of concern for Rebekah was uncharacteristic since the two had reconnected in their months away. Or perhaps it was the unsettling smile Klaus had as he shared the news his long lost older sister was coming over. Whatever it was something told me nothing good could come out whatever plots were at hand

I walk downstairs dressed in a crimson long sleeve, dark stained jeans, and boots. Rixton and Klaus are in the dining room both are in heavy discussion while people Klaus has compelled sets the table and arranges different plates of food.

"Well aren't you two chummy this morning?" I yawn running a hand through my still fairly messy bed head.

"Just talking brother, something wrong with that" His taunting expression both annoys and confuses me. He's not normally like this, something isn't right about him lately and for the life of me I don't know what it is.

"Nope, I just want to get whatever the hell this is over with. Your sister... Freya? Was it?" I pull out a chair plopping my ass in it and reaching to grab a pastry. I was starving and their judgy gazes don't help.

"What I'm starving? Don't be judgy assholes ok? Speaking of assholes where might our darling sister and her pack of wolves be?" Leaning back in the chair I cross my arms waiting for an answer.

"I've sent them off so that you dearest sister cannot interfere with another family meeting." I sigh but nod my head in agreement knowing my sister has a habit of stepping in on a moment.

Elijah, who's just come in from god knows where joins us.  

"There you are, finally." Elijah strips off his coat and hangs it up before heading toward the table.

"I was delayed."

Klaus smiles.  "Our guest of honor will be here momentarily." 

Elijah bemused.  "Strange, our house is conspicuously absent of our lupine guests. I do hope it wasn't on my account." Rixton tells him of our sister's whereabouts and he nods but, the pleasant look on his face doesn't last.

"Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here? Don't."  

Klaus rolls his eyes as if he hasn't been scolded like a child for the millionth time.  "All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out." 

" And you yourself said that would be idiocy." 

"Did I?"  He feigns as though he's straining to remember.  "Well, it does sound like me. Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter, I'd prefer she share it on my terms." He points toward his ear.  "Ah! I think I hear her now!"  He turns to the door just as Freya walks into the dining room to see all of us, smiling at her brothers first avoiding the eyes of my brother and I.  "Sister! Well, come in! Come in! Make yourself comfortable."  Freya looks slightly nervous, but smiles warmly at them."

We sit at the table for Freya to begin telling the horror story that was her youth. Dahila had used her to form a new brand of connective magic, though from Dahila's description an oddly familiar picture is painted in my head. The feeling brewing in my gut was one I was all too familiar with. 

A few years just before Amelia was born our father was in a spot of trouble or so I was told, a woman came to town and bewitched my father. For a couple of months, he was out every night until my mother found him with this woman and worse yet they found out she was with child. I sit back in my chair biting my thumb so lost in my own thoughts I don't see Freya's glances in my direction. I was a child at the time and my mother never told me the name of the woman but there was a young woman,