Chapter four: Questions Of Guidance

"Why would everyone be afraid of you? Why is Brianna not scared of you? Why are all of us normal to you, like a regular creature wandering the forest?" Issey interrupted out of nowhere.

"Huh? Oh, well... My father got his wish of having every creature fear him. Since every creature fears him, it causes everyone to fear his children. Some creatures think that my father had multiple children and those people choose to call the kids: "The children of the night" or "The demons of destruction". Though those creatures are wrong. He wanted many many more children and so did my mother. But since my mother was a guardian angel, she had to take a vow to never have children. For the fear that the guardian will not be able to fight again or that the children will weigh them down. After the vow the gods still didn't trust the guardians so they put a spell on all the guardians that would make it so that they could never have kids and that anyone they fell in love with would die. For they also thought that a lover would weigh them down too. But since my father is already practically dead, it didn't work on my father. But she still couldn't have a kid. Luckily someone saw evil and destruction in me. So they laid me down underneath a purple rosey cursed tree and left a note next to me. Saying: "Don't take this baby. Death and destruction lays in the soul of this monster. So if you want to be protected I would leave this child be and never return. I would leave it here until it dies." Of course my mother felt bad and took the child or me. But my mother died soon after they brought me home. For the gods found out and sentenced her death. For the other questions I think Brianna can answer one of them and how should I know why you don't fear me? I can't read minds you know. Sheesh! I have powers, but that's not one of them. You should answer that question by yourself." Jada explained with not a single bit of sadness rolling through her.

It was as if she didn't care that her own mother died from the gods. But since Heaven and Hell were at war it was obvious now why they were at war. To avenge her mother, but still Jada didn't care about that, cause she herself wasn't fighting to avenge her mother.

"Why aren't you fighting, then? The war between us started to avenge your mother, right? So why aren't you fighting?" Anya asked.

"Because I think it is just silly fighting to avenge someone you never met. No matter if they were part of your family. Also, what's gone is gone. You can get as much revenge as you want, but it won't change anything. You can fight until you drop, until you shrivel up and die. But it doesn't mean it will change anything. It's useless to fight for something that you can't bring back. It is simply a waste of valuable time and effort." Jada answered.

She was looking down and had black lines hiding her eyes. Making it hard to see what she was feeling. Jada spoke clearly. It made her seem like she never wanted to met her mother. Like she didn't care at all that she had to grow up without the warmth of a mother. That she didn't mind her mother's death. When Jada looked up the first thing she noticed was a shadow of a creature walking towards them. Jada immediately recognized the shadow. It was Ingrid trotting back to Allison with multiple different herbs in her mouth.

"Oh, Ingrid's back. Now they won't be asking me so much questions. Wait, but she's shy. What do I do? I can't allow them to notice Ingrid. Cause if they do, she will stop helping Allison and bolt behind a tree or something." Jada thought to herself.

Ingrid saw that Jada was looking at her, but surprisingly didn't run away. She nodded her head as if saying: "She wouldn't run away if they looked. That she would keep helping Allison until she was healed." Jada nodded back in understanding, but still choose not to tell the others that Ingrid had come back.

"So, Brianna, why didn't you run away when first meeting Jada? Why aren't you scared of her, like everyone else? Did you not know that she was the devil's daughter at first?" Issey blurted out.