Chapter Two: An Unexpected Visitor

Issey stood there, trembling. He turned around slowly, but didn't move his head. Issey was scared that a creature or something would come running or appear right as Issey turned around. Issey got the guts and moved his head. He stared carelessly at the gate.

Issey wore a look like he was going to die and didn't care, like a ghost wishing he could live, but regretting the choice of death over his family's care.

Issey wrapped his hands around the gate and tightened his grip until his hands were white. Issey tugged the gate toward him, but the gate wouldn't budge.

"That's good. Any creature in the weird, creepy, yet very interesting forest can't leave. I mean, if I can't leave, I bet they can't. Plus I don't want to leave. This place is spooky but really interesting! Plus, no one knows about the forest and that bugged me a lot. Have you wondered about the forest, Allison?" Issey said with lots of confidence. He sounded not scared at all, even though he knew he couldn't hide how fearful he felt. He was shaking and almost fell over from how hard he was shaking.

Allison looked up with her tail wagging, then looked forward at the gate like she was going to bolt and brake the gate.

"I know you're scared, but there's no turning back now. We are already here. So why don't we walk around and see what's around here and then we can start heading back home?" Issey unseeingly reassured Allison. "Oh, crap! I forgot a flashlight! Gosh darn it!" Issey angrily stomped his foot.

Issey turned around very quickly with no hesitation at all. Issey scraped his right foot against the leaves of the trail. Then stomped his left foot right next to where his right foot was. He stood there for a few seconds and thought of things that could happen to him if he stepped into the dark depths of the forest.

"I will not bow to the king of failure and distrust. I will not, so I shall go further and not stop unless I must. I mustn't turn back, I will not turn back for I am strong and can't turn back. My mother and father keep reminding me to never give up and now I leave them? What terrible person am I... I am not a terrible person I just... I just believe and believing is a great part of life. If you don't believe, you can't be alive. You are a ghost who haunts the night or you are a ghost that gets haunted by the night. You don't believe... you... simply just aren't... aren't living!" Issey almost cried again. But no tears fell, for Issey was strong now.

Issey walked on the leafy trail. But he started to slow down, for he saw something ahead that looked dangerous.

Issey crept up to a bush that was next to the thing or things he saw. Issey went inside the bush to be completely hidden from anything that was at the place he had found.

Issey peered through the bush he was hiding in and saw a city, well, more like a town. But it was in ruins. It was all destroyed and there was no sign of life whatsoever. The town simply looked like it had been at war or the house and stores had been lit on fire.

"Someone didn't like the town or something and so they destroyed it to simply get rid of the town, but I wonder why someone would do such a thing. Were they not happy?" Issey said sounding like he knew the history of the town he had found.

Issey was just about to get up and look around at the boring and sad ruins when he saw something. It was a blur that moved. It was very small and very fast too. Issey decided that some creature that small couldn't do any real harm. So Issey got up and walked slowly and cautiously to where he saw the blur.

Issey was just about to step exactly where the blur was, but looked down to see that the blur had set a rope trap and he was about to step inside of it and get caught. So he moved close, but only with his face, because he listened and heard a shimmering sound, then saw a glow dust falling to the ground. Issey was just about to grab some of the glowing dust when he heard a noise in the tree directly above him.