The only pesky negative thing about it is the hinderances that you didn't see coming. So I try my best to list possible variations that would detest my plans, but sometimes I'm not so lucky, like what I walked in on a while ago. I did not see that coming.

I exit the building, following the directions in the map and signs along pathways. The crowd in the main area of campus has died down a little. But the bouts of people in Penn State gear still linger around, either relaxing on the lawn or walking around casually. Upperclassmen, they have to be. Freshman, like me, are either in their dorms unsurely sitting on their bed or wandering around, getting a feel of the campus before classes officially begin Monday.

A loud group of boys repping 'Alpha Deta Phi' brush past me, chanting, "Party at our frat! Come on, come all!"

I cringe, picking up my pace. Frats and Sororities alike will be throwing parties all weekend. I can already feel the migraines forming in my head. Maybe if I read closely enough and blast music I'll be able to drown out their impulsive antics?

"Watch out!" a voice shouts, sounding like it's in my ear.

Before I have anytime to react, arms are wrapped around my waist, and I'm yanked back. A blur of a brown object spirals in front of my face. I follow its trail until it's caught in the arms of a tall male, his muscles practically spilling out of his tank top. He tosses and catches the football in his hand and uses the other to wave at me, yelling out an amused 'Sorry!'

"One more second and you would have been seeing double." The person who saved me laughs.

I turn around and look up to meet a pair of hickory brown eyes. A boy with a crooked smile stares down at me. My heart stammers as I realize his arm is still locked around my waist.

"That would not have ended up pretty." I chuckle nervously, but it just sounds like ridiculous snorts, so I stop and step back. He cocks his head at me, and I feel my cheeks blush. I'm not exactly the most social or functional girl when it comes to boys. Or people, in general.

"I'm not so sure you would have had to deal with that." He says.

I open my mouth to say something, but no words come out, nothing but a low whine. He laughs, and I find myself looking at the ground, not knowing what to do exactly.

"Well, I should, um, get going." I wave my hand around.

"Where are you headed?"

I'm not sure I should reveal that to a random guy, especially not after the Lifetime movie marathon I spent watching, which involved young, naive college girls getting tricked and kidnapped. But then again I do need directions to the auditorium, where the orientation's being held. I outweigh the consequences and end up telling him.

"I'm trying to find the auditorium."

"Ah." He nods his head, slipping his hands in his cargo shorts. "You're a newbie. Figures."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." He shakes his head, eyeing me up and down, which I do my best to ignore. "It's just that people who've been around here for a while know not to walk in the middle of jocks throwing footballs back and forth, with their noses in campus maps." He nods to the paper I have clutched in my hand. I laugh and try to discreetly put it behind my back, but shrug and nod.

"Busted." I wave my hands.

He laughs. "Would you like me to take you there?"

"Yes, that would really be helpful."

He nods and walks ahead where I was previously headed. I follow him, neatly folding the map and putting it away in my shoulder bag. While in here, I pull out my phone and check the time. 2: 38, it reads. I have approximately twenty-two minutes until the orientation begins.