Chapter 22: Noah's Calling

After Seto walked out of the room and I had checked it for a few minutes after he walked out, I closed the door behind me.

Seto wasn't close or waiting for me. After I eventually caught up to him, I walked through the halls with him and eventually arrived in the living room.

Mokuba was already there. He was playing with some toys. They were three airplanes. He was playing with one while the other two were just sitting by his side.

He saw us walking into the room and smiled at us.

"Hello, big bros! Wanna play?" He asked, holding up two planes to us once we had walked over to him.

I smiled.

"Sure!" I said.

Seto walked away. He stopped and turned his head to us.

"Sorry, little brother. Maybe next time. I've got too much work to do." Seto said.

Mokuba looked a little sad, but he smiled at me.

"So then do you wanna play with me, Noah?"

"Sure, Mokuba." I said.

I sat down and grabbed a plane, but then our soon to be play time was interrupted by our butler.

"It's dinner time, boys." He said. We got up, walked out of the living room, and transitioned into the dining room.

We sat down at the table and sat in the seats that we normally would sit in. We already had food on our plates, so we started eating.

Seto was already there. I guess the butler told him earlier or something.

While eating, I noticed it was very quiet.

It was almost unsettling.

"So, Gozaburo's gone for good, right?" Mokuba asked, breaking the silence. Seto turned to him and nodded slowly.

"Yeah. He's been in the Virtual World room for a while now, but there's a chance he might've left today when we weren't looking. I haven't seen him anywhere." Seto said suddenly.

"Actually, I saw him earlier today." I said.

"You did?" Mokuba asked.

"So what happened?" Seto asked.

"Well, he asked me if the big five were around, so I told him they were and he told me that he wanted to talk to them and told me to go get them. So I did."

"Then what?" Mokuba asked.

"That's it." I said.

"Oh." Seto and Mokuba said in unison.

We nodded and so did Mokuba. We continued eating after that. Then something that happened a few days ago came into my mind.

"Oh yeah! Why did my Father act happy for a few days one time and Mokuba grinned at you and you thumbed up? Remember what I mean? You looked at me and whispered to me that you might tell me about it someday, Seto." I said, looking up from my plate and looking at him.

"Oh, right. That. I had come up with a plan on how to overthrow Gozaburo and you looked confused. That's why that happened." He explained.

"Oh." I said with a nod.

I thought Seto mumbled something else after his explanation.

But since he mumbled it, I assumed he didn't want to talk about it.

It was quiet for about a minute or so after that until Seto finished eating.

He got up, put his plate in the sink, and quickly rinsed it. After that, he headed towards the door.