After All This Time.

Start from the beginning

"I will be back" she said and walked towards the restroom.

Kaden was like gust of fresh air. He made her forget her past but she just couldn't see her future with him. Kate shook her head trying not to think about these things. She had promised herself to take one day at a time.

She stood in front of the mirror and gathered her hair in her hands and pulled them to one side. She gasped as she saw the bright red mark on her neck.

"Damn you Kaden" she thought but smiled at the same time. There was no way she could walk out with this. She needed to go back to the room. She adjusted her hair and it somewhat covered it but she needed concealer for the actual job. She went out looking for Kaden, to inform him that she was heading upstairs but as she looked around she couldn't spot him anywhere.

She shrugged and retreated back towards the elevators. She reached her floor and upon coming to her hotel room she saw a man leaning on the wall. She stepped closer and noticed that it was Jayson. She was about to go back but he stood up and looked directly at her.

"Finally" He said as he stepped towards her.

Kate stepped back and looked behind her, there was no one in the hall. 

She looked back at Jayson and noticed that he was completely wasted.

"What do you want?" Kate asked but he just looked at her.

He closed the gap between them and took her in his arms.

"Nnn..o...ooo.o" Kate stammered and tried to free herself from his grasp.

"Open the door. Let us talk inside." Jayson said as he pushed her towards the door. He was too drunk to realize what he was doing.

Kate was now trapped between the door and his body with clearly noway to run. She could scream but she didn't want to make a scene.

"But he is drunk" she thought

"Come on sweetheart...open up" He slurred as he pushed his body against her and Kate took the keys from her clutch and opened the door.

She hurriedly walked in as Jayson stumbled in behind her.

"Kate..." He said as he tried to reach for her again

"What do you want Jay?" but he was too drunk to understand her sign language. Kate felt frustrated.

She took his hand and pulled him towards the couch and pushed him down.

"S.tt.aa.yy..y he...re.eree" 

Jayson said nothing as he leaned back and looked at her. She went to the kitchenette and prepared him coffee and brought a glass of water along with it.

She placed it on the table and helped him sit up. She handed him the glass of water and he gulped it down, his eyes never leaving her. She then handed him the coffee but he refused.

"I am fine" he slurred. Kate shook her head and pushed the glass towards him.

"You do care for me, don't you?" he said as he swayed, the coffee sloshing in his cup. Kate placed her hand over his, trying to steady the cup but it was a mistake. His touch made her whole body aware of him and she was astounded that his touch still had that effect on her.

"I felt that too love" Jayson whispered as he leaned towards her but suddenly he narrowed his eyes and pushed back her hair, exposing the love bite.

"That bastard did this didn't he?" Jayson asked. "You love him?"

Kate just looked at him, not knowing what to say to that. 

"You don't love him. You simply can't love anyone can you? I loved you with everything I had but.." Jayson said as he stood up.

"Ss..ii.tt..t dd.ow..nn." Kate said as she too stood up trying to steady him.

"I loved you Kate...I still do" Jayson said as he stepped towards her but tripped on the table leg. He fell on the sofa, taking Kate along who was frozen on the spot from his words

"I am sorry" Jayson said as he tried to get off her but his alcohol ridden brain didn't cooperate with his body. Kate tried to push him off but he was too heavy and all she could think of was that he still loved her. 

"You heard me right? I still love you" Jayson said as rolled off her and fell down, hitting his head against the table edge.

"Jj..aa..yy" Kate yelled as she kneeled down next to him to help him but saw that he had passed out.

"What am I going to do?" Kate thought as she inspected his head for any injury. He was fine except for a bump where he struck his head. Kate looked at him, his head resting in her lap and the time they spent together flooded back to her. He had said he still loved her...after all this time...