Chapter Six | Pity

Start from the beginning

"Not what you expected?".

"It's just a room with a bed. Maybe I expected there to be silk sheets".

"Same" Bella mutters, laying down next to Rose cautiously. "You're lucky, you know. No one's ever love me the way you're loved".

"I doubt that"

"Trevor was my best friend. Nothing more. I spent all those years on the run from Elijah. I just never thought it was a good idea to set up roots. The whole idea of family is not exactly compatible with being a vampire".

"Why are you so eager to give up?" Isabella questions.

"I'm not giving up on anything. Here" Elena hands Rose a glass of delicious blood.

"What do you call this whole deal with Elijah?".

"I call it my best option"

"It's your easiest option" She says, standing up to face the doppelgänger.

"That's not fair".

"Do you really think that your witch friend destroyed the moonstone?" The eldest vampire adds in.

"I spoke with Bonnie. I know that she had the help of another witch, unless you mean it's Elijah's witch, so no, I don't".

"You really are determined to die, aren't you? At least Isabella and I ran, you're not even trying". Elena looks down at the floor away from the vampires.

"I'm so tired".

Isabella watches the older vampire close her eyes but Elena goes to walk out.

"No, stop, wait. Tell them to prepare the horses." The two share a look, concerned and confused on what is happening to Rose.

"It's okay Rose. Just get some sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up"

"Trevor, don't be so stupid. You're never going to make it there before the sun".

"She's hallucinating" The doppelgänger states. The other girl looks at her with a 'duh' look.

Rose jolts up, the doppelgänger leaps back afraid. "Elena...I need more blood".

"Yeah, of course, here." Rose takes the glass and drinks it but ends up throwing it up.

Isabella cringes at the sight of the thrown up blood and how bad the wound looks.

"It's okay, everything's gonna be alright.".

Elena runs to the bathroom while Isabella steps out of the room for a second.

Damon get here now - Isabella

Busy - Damon

The brunette vampire huffs before speeding to the room after hearing loud noises.

Rose has Elena against the wall, holding her with her vampire strengths
"It's all your fault, Katerina. You Katerina, you did this".

"
It's Elena. Rose, Rose! I'm Elena!" Elena manages go say although her throat is being crushed.

"You betrayed us!".

The younger vampire speeds towards Rose attempting to pull her off of Elena but she is flown backwards by her.

"Bitch" She says under her breath.

"I'm not Katherine!"

Rose steps back, releasing her grip on her throat "Elena?". "It's me, it's Elena".

"Oh my god Elena. I'm so sorry. I don't know what's happening to me. I'm sorry".

"Knocked me over but I'm fine" Isabella comments sarcastically. "I'm leaving goodbye".

The brunette walks down the steps, and is walking out the door for some fresh air and maybe lunch.

Doppelgänger in distress deal with it yourself - Isabella

Whatever - Damon

"Ah now lunchtime". She speeds off the the grill to find some lunch. "Hm not her...Mm not him". Different people walk past, tempting her until her eyes land on a guy.

She strolls over, sitting down next to him. "Hi". The guy turns towards her with a smirk on his face "Excuse me do I know you?".

"Nope but you are going to go out the back, no screaming or calling for help and you will not remember me or what is about to happen".

He walks outside. "Wait what is your name?".

"Jackson".

"Okay Jackson, please don't look worried it won't hurt that much". His face turns confused but she just grins.

The sound of his heartbeat fills her ears whilst the feeling and sound of blood rushing through the boy's body makes the veins appear under her eyes.

She licks her lips, exposing her sharp fangs which are dying to bite into this boys neck.

"Thank you" Was all she said before diving her fangs into his neck, loving the sweet taste of his blood and just wanting more.

Jacksons body goes weak eventually falling to the ground with a thump. Her veins fade, blood rushes down her chin and onto the floor where the dead body is laying.

"Nice meal?".

Her head snaps in the direction of the voice. "Very nice".

Caroline looks at the body, slightly annoyed that the vampire didn't snatch, eat and erase but didn't want to anger her by bringing it up.

"Want me to drive you to the Salvatore Mansion?".

"Sure, just let me clean this up" Bella points to the ground and Caroline nods. "I'll help".

-

As she reaches the door, Elena opens it and walks past her. Continuing through, she spots a sad looking Damon.

"Damon?". He glances at her but then back to the fireplace.

"Rose didn't make it did she?". A shake of the head answers her question. The fire crackles as Damon stares into it, trying to hide his emotions in front of her.

Isabella sighs, not always the best at comforting people but she knew what Damon would need. She strolls over to the bourbon, pouring the liquid into a glass and handing it to the sad Salvatore.

Deciding to leave him alone to wallow in guilt and sadness, she jumps into bed and drifts into a deep peaceful sleep, free from the supernatural.