Chapter 13

Happy was startled by the sudden sound of the door slamming open. He was eating a fish on Natsu's couch when a giggling Nashi and a just as happy Natsu walked in. He understood why Nashi was so happy, but to see Natsu sporting a real grin was almost rare. Happy was pleased to know he was right about her, things were definitely going to get better for Natsu. A sly smile appeared on Happy's face.

"So~ did you two have fun?" Nashi skipped over to the blue exceed, swinging around her new dragon plushy.

"It was awesome Happy! I got Natsu some patches to stop his motion sickness and we went on a bunch of different rides." Nashi held her dragon a few inches from the cat's face, "Look what Natsu got me! His name is Igneel."

Happy glanced at his partner who was blushing. Happy giggled, nibbling on his fish again.

"It sounded like you two had a blast. What about you Natsu, did you have fun with Nashi?" Nashi turned around, hoping for a good report from her daddy. Natsu rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Yeah, it was fun. You should have come with us little buddy," he replied. Happy shook his head.

"Nah, it sounds like you had a blast just the two of you." Nashi nodded, running over to her hammock and putting away her backpack and Igneel.

"I'm going to put on my pj's. I'll be right back," said Nashi, heading off to the bathroom. Natsu and happy were the only ones left in the room. Natsu began to feel uncomfortable by the weird looks his partner was giving him.

"What?" said Natsu. Happy jerked his head in the direction Nashi ran off in.

"She really likes you Natsu. I'm glad you're starting to give her a chance." Natsu flopped onto the couch beside Happy. He let a sigh fly out of his lips.

"I don't know what it is about her, but I feel so different around her, you know? She has some weird affect on me," he glanced over at his buddy. Happy nodded once, completely agreeing with what he meant. They heard Nashi running down the hallway and smiled at her when she came into the room wearing Natsu's shirt. Nashi strolled over to her hammock and started climbing into it. Natsu and Happy got up from their seats and drifted toward Nashi. She smiled at the two of them, clutching Igneel tight in her arms.

"Thank you for today Natsu. I had a lot of fun," she said. Natsu gave her a gentle smile and ruffled her hair.

"I did too Nashi." He was about to walk out of the room when Nashi spoke again.

"Can you sing me a song?" Happy snickered at the thought of his partner singing. A light blush decorated Natsu's face.

"Nashi, I already told you, I don't really sing." Nashi shrugged sadly.

"You can't blame me for trying." Natsu nodded in understanding. The pink haired man turned off the lights and walked toward his bedroom, his exceed not far behind.

"Why won't you just sing to her Natsu?" Happy asked when they entered the bedroom. Natsu unwrapped his scarf and folded it nicely on the dresser.

"I'm just not a singer Happy. It's not one of the things I'm good at."

"Have you ever even tried?" said Happy, pulling off his backpack and vest. Natsu didn't respond. The two friends finished dressing into their pajamas and fell onto their respected beds.

"I tried once." Natsu's voice interrupted the silence, "Lucy thought I should try it." Happy said nothing. Anything with Lucy in it was a sensitive topic, but he was surprised that Natsu continued to speak.

"It's funny really, I was so afraid of the fact that Nashi being here would just bring back painful memories of Lucy. And although she has, they don't hurt, if anything, it feels good remembering." A blissful smile appeared on Natsu's face as he closed his eyes.