Chapter 6 » Still Into You

/Author/

Same day. Around 6 in the afternoon, all the Ateneo Lady Eagles, past and present players,  gathered inside the hotel's living room. The gathering's purpose wasn't told. They were just aware about the late celebration of Thirdy and Bea's engagement. Except that celebration, there's nothing to celebrate anymore. Because the celebration of their championship will be celebrated on their last day in Boracay...

*ting! ting! ting!

"Attention guys, lahat na ba nandito na?" Ella asked as she placed the glass and fork on the side table beside her.

"Where's Bea?" Ella asked as she travelled her eyes around the area.

"Oh, there she is..." Deanna whispered as she pointed her finger sa main door na kakabukas palang. "She's with Thirdy." She added as she gave Ella a bitter look.

"Mag-propose ka na din kasi kay Ponggay..." Ella whispered to Deanna's ear as she chuckled obviously.

Hindi sumagot si Deanna, tumahimik lang siya sa gilid katabi si Jia...

"Ayon din si Jhoana..." Jia said naman as she pointed din sa may main door na kakabukas lang ulit. "With Ged naman..."

Nagkatinginan ni Jia and Maddie after non...

"Guys, let's make an action. It's very awkward for Jhoana and for Bea na magka-encounter with their present lovers..." Maddie muttered as she gave Jia and Ella a worrying look.

All the couches were occupied. That's why Jhoana and Ged walked to the left part of the area to get monoblocks to sit in. While Bea and Thirdy stayed near the main door, standing...

"You think so? 'Coz I don't think they were still awkward to each other?" Ponggay commented as she raised her both eyebrows while staring at the space of Jhoana and Bea.

"But..." Maddie whispered.

Jhoana carried another monoblock and gave it to Bea. She gave Bea a sweet smile after and walked back again to Ged's space to sit on her chair. Bea chuckled before sitting on the monoblock, while Thirdy remained standing beside Bea, emotionless.

"Sabi ko nga..." Maddie muttered as she rolled her eyes because of irritation.

"So, everyone is here..." Ella said.

"Rock na!" Kiwi shouted while sitting on the couch beside Ponggay.

So the sitting arrangement for the blue L-shaped sofa was:

Maddie  Amy  Ponggay  Jia  Kim  Therese  Kat
Mae
Mich
Deanna

While on the potato couches were:

Denden & LA
Ana & Jules
Alyssa & Kiefer
Kath & Gi
Ella

And the rest were just sitting on the monoblocks...

"No. Not now Amy. Later, after this sa may beach tayo. This is very private lang." Ella said.

Ponggay leaned closer to Amy...

"Mamaya pa Kiwi, samahan mo ko mag-drink ha? I need someone to talk to." Ponggay muttered as she placed her hand on Amy's lap.

"Sure." Amy said naman as she squeezed Ponggay's hand.

*ting! ting! ting!

Ella chose to stopped the sweetness of Ponggay and Amy rather than watching how Deanna clutches on the dress of Mich with her reddish eyes.

"Hey guys! Paalala lang, deadly ang sobrang sweetness. It's either you'll be killed or you'll kill someone else?" Ella joked as she looked at Amy with a touch of disappointment.