3 / Nightly Games

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Are we done now?"

Claire spins on her heel and claps excitedly. "Yes! Now lets get dressed!"

Claire is way to giddy for my taste.

Once we changed to our  outfits, mine consisting of green shorts, and a yellow tank top, and  hers being a yellow skirt and green crop top, we made our way to her  car.

To say the school parking lot was packed would be an understatement.

People were parking in the plaza across the street just because there wasn't any room by the field.

The bleachers are almost filled with people on both sides.

Checking the time, I see it's only ten more minutes until the game begins.

As we're nearing close  to the bleachers, I find Travis, also known as puppy killer leaning  against the wall, smoking a cigarette.

"Yo, girl," Travis shouts suddenly.

Not thinking he's calling to me, I continue walking to the bleachers.

"Hey!" He shouts, grabbing a hold of my upper arm.

My eyes widen, and I look directly into his empty green eyes.

What the fuck you want? Jeez," I grumble under my breath as I yank my arm out of his grasp.

His eyes almost double in size, as if he can't believe I swore in front of him.

I'm suddenly taken back when a bright smile replaces his usual scowl, however, his eyes still stay empty.

"I don't know sweet pea, just wanted to say hello," he says in his thick British accent.

How did I not pay attention to his accent until now.

"Let's go, Mandy," Claire whispers next to me as she tugs on my hand.

Once we begin moving  forward, Claire silently squeals. "Oh my God, Travis Beckett talked to  you! He so freaking scary, but like... so sexy, God I'm so jealous of  you!"

I nervously chuckle as  we begin walking up the stairs. "Uh, that's actually the first time he  said anything to me," I admit, and she opens her mouth in shock.

Just as we're seated on  one of the higher rows, Claire turns herself to face me. "You lucky  bitch! I've known him since we were in elementary school, and he still  hasn't spoken to me," she grumbles, and I shrug, not knowing what to  say.

Thankfully, the crowd around us begins cheering for our school, and then suddenly, a person.

"Evans! Evans! Evans!" They all shout simultaneously.

Evans is on the soccer team?

Suddenly, a group of men  in green, numbered shirts run towards the center of the field, followed  by men in red, numbered shirts coming out from the opposite side of the  field.

Evans is the last to run to the field, casually walking to the field as if he's going for a stroll.

It's not like he has hundreds of people staring at him, or something.

Almost an hour and a half passed, and of course, we're winning.

Evans scored two balls into the net, and another one of his team members named Declan shot another one.

The other team that goes as the devils, shot only one, leaving us as the victors.

As people were walking down the bleachers, a petite blonde runs to the middle of the field, hugging Evans.

He, however, shoves her away, but she just shoos it off and grins.

"Hey, can I get your attention everyone!" She shouts, capturing everyone's attention.

She smiles sweetly,  flashing her dimples while she's at it. "Victory party at Evans  everyone! If you know were it's at, come on and join!"

After her little public announcement, everyone starts descending down the steps.

Suddenly, I feel like someone is watching me, and I look up, only to find Evans staring right at me.

I feel a slight shiver running down my spine, but ignore it as I continue walking.

Once we got to Claire's car, she dropped me off at home, and stated by 9.00pm, she'd be back so we would both go to the party.

Of course, when I told  Emanuel about the party, instead of saying no like I hoped he would, he  cheered me on, praising me for having a social life.

I grumbled a string of curse words as I stomped upstairs.

In thirty minutes, I changed into dark denim jeans and a black ruffled crop top.

Just as I slip into my black Nike shoes, I get a notification from my phone.

Claire: I'm here!

I sigh and tell my father goodbye just before leaving the house.

"I'm so excited for tonight!" Claire shouts in excitement once I'm inside the car.

I give her a thumbs up, and she chuckles, putting her car into drive once I've put on my seat belt.

After a few minutes of  driving, we turn to a street, which is filled with dozens of different  cars, lined up against the side of the roads.

Shockingly, we found a parking spot by the very end of the street.

Once we've parked, Claire unbuckles her seat belt, and jumps up and down on her seat.

"Let's get this party started."

I can't wait for the next chapter *rubs hands together evilly*

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Love all y'all lovelies xx

Edited: July 14th 2018