Memories

Scott jumped into his room through the window, deposited Hayden onto his bed, and leapt out the window again. He stood and waited for Liam to come along the road. Within moments, he was there, and Scott came out o the shadows. "She's in my room. Come on. " Scott led them round to his front door and let them in. "Mom, Liam's staying the night and I'm taking him to school in the morning" he yelled as they walked up the stairs. When they got into Scott's room, Liam turned to Scott. "I'm not going to school tomorrow! Not with Hayden like this. I'm staying with her." Scott rolled his eyes. "Liam, you're going to school tomorrow, and Hayden is coming with me to the clinic. Keaton will know what to do and how we can help her. I might have the worst attendance record BHHS has ever seen, but you're not going to. I'll update you on Hayden throughout the day, but if you put up a fight, I'm running away with her, not coming back, and telling Val all of your, activities together." Liam gulped and was going to protest, when he finally realised what Scott had just said. Itching the back of his neck, he scoffed "What? I don't know what- um- activities you're talking about." Scott gave Liam a 'do I look stupid?' look, and turned his attention to Hayden. He gently took her jacket off and unlaced her shoes. Pulling the duvet over her, he told Liam to take the chair and he'd take the floor. Liam didn't argue, but kissed Hayden's forehead and then grabbed a blanket off the bed. Scott just grabbed a spare pillow and his biology books. "I'm gonna study for a bit, watch over Hayden. I'll wake you up in an hour or so, and you can take your turn, yeah?" Liam agreed and looked at Scott. "What do you think that thing at the window was? It terrified Hayden. She kinda just, you know, froze." Scott considered this and tried to think. Terrifying creature who could freeze people? Not the worst they'd ever faced. "I'll phone Stiles in the morning, see if he knows anything. Then I'm going to Lydia's. Although, to be fair, they'll probably both be at Lydia's." Liam laughed. It was so strange, Lydia and Stiles finally being together. They were completely inseparable, and ever since they'd rescued Stiles from the Ghost Riders, neither one of them had slept alone. Scott thought about Malia. It had been weeks since she'd last spoke to him. HE thought he'd seen her at school a week ago, but that was unlikely. Ever since Peter tried to give up his life for her, she worshipped him, and followed his guidance. Since the first piece of advice Peter had given his daughter was to drop out of school, Scott had next to no chance of seeing her again until graduation. And, if she did turn up there, it would be for Moral Support. Natalie had quietly mentioned to Scott that Malia would not be graduating as her grades were not high enough, and her attendance was compatible with Scott's. He got out his phone and dropped her a quick text. "Hey Mal, just wanting to check up on you, not heard from you for a while x" He then scrolled through his pictures, recalling old memories. Kira and him eating ice-cream, she had ice-cream on her nose. He saw pictures of Kira he'd taken while she was a Kitsune, her eyes glowing amber with the flash. He thought the looked beautiful like that, and hated when she complained about it. "'it's almost as if it's protecting you" he remembered saying to her once. He smiled and moved on. It was a picture of Scott and Kira kissing on a cliff. He knew Liam had taken the picture, because he'd given Liam a black eye for following him. Scott skimmed through these, tearing up at all the good times that he would have to forget for so long. He didn't know when, or if Kira would learn control. He hoped it would be soon. Liam saw a tear run down his alpha's cheek and felt sorry for him. He knew that if he lost Hayden he'd be a mess. Scott rolled over, blocking Liam's view. He then opened another folder.  A folder that hadn't been opened in a very long time. It was titled, 'Allison'. He clicked on the first picture, and started to relive some of his best ever memories. The first one was a picture of Allison laughing. It was there first date. Lydia and Jackson were in the background, Jackson painfully aware of all the stares that were directed at Lydia. He had a protective arm around her, claiming his property. But Scott had only had eyes for Allison. Allison was laughing because Scott had just scored a strike after she gave him, 'motivation'. Her hair was still long then, dark curls framing her face and brushing her lower back. He swiped onto the next picture. It was the first time they'd had their first real date. They were kissing, and Scott had taken a picture for Allison's memory wall. Unbeknown to her, he kept a digital copy too. The next one was one of his favourites. It was a selfie of the two of them leaning on the old bridge by the creek. They'd skived school, and were casually strolling through the woods. She'd been so happy that day. His tears fell freely now. He missed her. A lot. Of course, he was loyal to Kira, but you don't forget a first love. Everyone knows that. He turned his phone off and sniffed, getting ready to settle down to sleep.