twenty seven

At 9:53, you sent me those messages.

At 9:53½, you pocketed your phone.

At 9:54, you dove into the lake.

At 9:55, you swam and swam.

At 9:57, you reached the bottom.

At 9:58, your lungs burned and begged.

At 9:59, your lungs shut down.

At 9:59½, your heart stopped beating.

At 10:01, you escaped the black hole.

At 10:02, I replied to your messages.

At 10:03, I counted my last day with you.

At 10:04, I counted my first day without you.

___

Day 41 of 60

Hoseok pulled out the textbook from beneath Yoongi's mattress, fingers slowly running along the cover; 'the cosmic perspective - second edition'.

There it was, Hoseok's textbook found underneath the air mattress in the middle of cleaning out Yoongi's room.

Memory of the day he agreed to lend it to him crawled into his head; Yoongi sitting on the hospital bed, cigarette twirling between his fingers, flashing his smile at Hoseok.

Hoseok hadn't known then just how long Yoongi had planned on borrowing it.

Maybe if he hadn't let him borrow it, maybe then Yoongi wouldn't have immersed himself in the universe's most darkest concept and found his own on this planet.

Maybe then, maybe then Yoongi would've still been here beside Hoseok, twirling a white cigarette between his fingers, grinning and asking for a lighter.

"You okay?" Jimin glanced over at him, taping another cardboard box shut.

"Yeah, I just. . ." Hoseok's voice wandered off while flipping through the textbook, eyes peering at the foreign post-it notes plastered on various pages.

It wasn't his own writing - it was Yoongi's.

His thumb stopped on the bookmarked page, 'chapter 3: black holes in space', paper curling at the many notes Yoongi had written on the page himself.

Upon the blue post-it notes, scribbled in that messy and familiar writing;

-there's a way out of the black holes, according to stephen hawking.

-black holes suck up everything in their area.

-if, i, min yoongi, fell into a black hole, it would suck up all of me; including all of my pieces (even Sadness!)

-since there's a way out of the black hole, i can still become a star, (i can still go home) according to i, min yoongi.

___

the end.