nineteen

(Hoseok POV)

Your laughter rings through me, explosions of blue, and mine's mixes with yours, explosions of yellow, our pinkies intertwining, colouring our lips green.

I love them all.

Your days of orange, pinpricks of soft pink and sweet magenta, smiles and spontaneous creativity at 3AM.

I love them all.

Your days of grey, buckets of black and fading blue, slammed doors and uncontrollable screams at 2PM.

I love them all.

Your days of red, heaps of sharp green and pelted brown, punched walls and bloody fists. 

I love them all.

Because if I don't, then hate will come seeping in at the absence of love. 

I can't let my love become absent, because I'm afraid hate will come too soon.

You run to me through the rain, and I can feel the ground moulding to my feet as I feel the wetness of my sneakers through my socks, momentarily gluing to me right before you do.

You hum to me through the secret headaches I have, and I can touch the notes of the medications dissolving in my bloodstream right before your kiss does.

You listen to me through my late-night babbles, as I lie to you and say that sleep is not calling me, but it is only due to the fact that I do not want to wake up the next morning and find that you've thrown away all the furniture again.

I notice you counting your pills instead of taking them and it makes me remember when I used to count my days. I tell you to stop counting pills and start taking them, I tell you to start counting stars.

Because I can't help but want to live when I'm with you,

even when you're slowly not wanting to.

And the truth is, I'm still slowly dying.

But why are you?

___