The Disney Dilemma

Disneyitus: A Writing Challenge

The Prompts

1. Write a chapter inspired by this quote:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
- Walt Disney

2. Write a chapter where your main character meets someone with the name of a Disney character.

3. Write a chapter that has "It's a Small World" incorporated into it.

4. Your character has a dream about Disney. What happens?

5. Have a character retell one of the Disney stories.

6. Write a chapter where one of your characters dresses up as a Disney princess.

7. Your character sings a Disney song to make a friend happy. To whom, which song, and why?

8. Write a chapter where your chataracter randomly bursts into a Disney song.

9. Your character meets someone who doesn't like Disney. What do they do?

10. Write a chapter based off of "Chim Chim Cheree."

11. Write a chapter in which "Princess Week" occurs. (Princess week is where you watch a Disney Princess movie for every night of the week.)

12. Have a scene take place in the Disney Store.

13. Have a character find/buy an animal and name them after something Disney.

14. Write a scene where a character is admiring their Disney collection.

15. Have a chapter where a character is reading one of the Kindom Keepers books.

16. Mickey Mouse randomly appears. How and why?

17. Write a scene where a character rants about people never having seen the Black Cauldron.

18. Write a scene where your main character sings "Be Our Guest" to a dinner guest.

19. "He's A Tramp" comes over the mall radio. How does you character(s) react?

20. Write a chapter in which your character gets the name "Cinderelly" or "Mowgli". Why?

21. Write a chapter in which your characters act out a scene from "The Little Mermaid".'

22. Have a scene where a character says this Mulan quote:
"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all."

23. Leaves streak through the air, reminding your character(s) of "Colors of the Wind". What do they do?

24. Write a chapter where your character obtains Mickey Mouse ears in an odd way.

25. Your character(s) wake/s up remembering nothing. All they have in their hands is an Aladdin lamp. What happened?

26. Have a scene where your characters refuse to contain their Disneyitus in a public place.

27. Write a chapter where your characters see a Disney show - whether it is a play or on ice.

28. Have a scene where a character sympathizes with Quasimoto.

29. One of your characters sees a black and white Mickey Mouse cartoon for the first time. What do they think?

30. Disneyitus isn't about loving Disney. It's about loving the things that make you feel whole. End this with something inspiring. With something loving. End this how you want to end it, because that's what matters.

Additional/Substitute Prompts

1. Have a scene where a character acts like Robin Hood for a day.

2. Write a chapter in which one of your characters meets someone with curly red hair. (Merida, anyone?)

3. Write a chapter where a character has a home life like a Disney character.

4. Have a scene where a character must leave their Disney stuff behind for some reason.

5. Write a chapter including a strong female fighting for something she believes in. (Or, in simpler terms, based off of Mulan.)

When life-long city girl, Colette Terrell, is nearly rammed into by a strange man on the bustling and bumbling streets of New York City, she catches nothing but a fleeting glimpse of his valiant maroon cape before begrudgingly carrying on with her day. She expects nothing of the interaction, as it happens so often among the crowded streets, but her thoughts soon prove her wrong and she's ungracefully rendered into a wave of confusion when she finds the very strange man indiscreetly following her home. Confronting him just at the foot of her apartment complex, she doesn't expect his persistent begging and pestering to make much sense. She's finally proven right as he proclaims his undying love for her through a series of incoherent and tearful blubbering apologies for driving her away from the happy life that they once shared together. Convinced that he's a complete maniac and is way past the brink of madness, Colette quickly phones the police, having him carried away and out of her life. She doesn't expect to wake up and find him in her living room the very next morning, nor does she expect him to claim that he's her prince charming and she's his princess, and that their kingdom is in dire need of her help.

a/n; 

CHECK OUT THE EVER SO FAB CORA DORA FOR COMING UP WITH THIS CHALLEGE; she has a lovely brain

pls leave me ur thoughts!

much love; f