L x Reader // Random one shot

Start from the beginning

She asks in a less surprised voice, and you take a moment.

"Four and a half years now...? I think, but I've honestly lost track."

You say, and L looks toward you before smiling, shaking his head.

"Actually It's been Five and a quarter, love."

He says, and you laugh lightly.

"Well then, there you go."

You smile playfully, and Misa slightly leans back in the booth.

"Oh wow. And you're not married?"

She asks, making you both look to each other, before L gives you a short nod, squeezing your hand reassuringly.

"U-um, it's too dangerous...To get married, I mean. I-if..... if something were to happen to one of us because of L's work..."

You begin, and L sighs.

"I...don't want to leave behind any burdens for her."

He then says, and you nod, looking to your interlaced fingers.

"Y-yea."

You mumble, and you hear Light shift his seating a bit.

"So, you're not a detective or officer or anything then?"

He asks, and you shake your head.

"I sometimes help L out in any way I really can, but I'm not on the force officially. I don't even really know much about the Kira case other than a very brief outline and what the news outlets decide to broadcast...Again, it's for safety measures."

You answer, looking at the small menu on the table.

You then all stay at the cafe for a few hours, without even realizing it had become dark. Knowing you all had to go home, you begin to pout once you all get going.

"Anyway love, I'll see you later, okay?"

L says as his black car pulls up, and you gently hug him before backing away slightly.

"Okay."

You respond, and he looks over to Light and Misa momentarily, seeing they were distracted with something. Without any warning, he then brings you close and locks your lips together. Once you slowly pull apart, you cuddle close before sighing.

"It won't be too long until I get to see you again, will it?"

You ask softly, and he looks up to the pink sky.

"I'm afraid I can't say for sure honey. You know how-"

"Yea. I know..."

You say, then sigh.

"It's just really difficult to not know when we can do something like this again. especially with Kira out there...I suppose...What I'm trying to say is I...I don't like knowing that it could very well be the last time I ever see you."

You then sniff, and he sighs before touching your cheek.

"(y/n), listen to me please. It isn't something for you to worry about, okay? I promise."