L x Reader // Random one shot

Beginne am Anfang

~♡~Time skip//Your POV~♡~

You finally walked into the place L had told you to meet him, and you scan the room before spotting your boyfriend not far away. As you approach, you see that another couple were seated with him, making you confused. A few moments later, he sees you and smiles softly, getting up from his seat as you get to the table.

"Hello sweetheart. It feels like so long since I've seen you."

He mutters as he takes your hand, kissing your cheek quickly.

"Almost two weeks now. I'm happy to see you again."

You respond, gently smiling as he sits you down, not letting go of your hand as he does so as well.

"Well Then, what's the occasion? You've never asked me on a date during work."

You tease, and he looks towards you before he clears his throat.

"(y/n), I would like you to meet Misa Amane and Light Yagami. They're currently working with me on the Kira investigation."

He says, and you look towards them, presuming they were together as well. Why else would the girl be clinging to his arm?

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. My name is (y/n), and I'm L's girlfriend."

You smile, and notice how Misa was staring at you with wide eyes.

"Um...yes?"

You ask, shifting slightly closer to L before he gently places his arm around your waist.

"She's....Actually so pretty!"

She beams, and you pause, surprised for a moment.

"What...?"

You ask, and L sighs.

"I don't see why this is so incredibly surprising to you."

He says, and you tilt your head. Before you can ask any more questions, she pipes up again.

"Sooo~ how did you guys meet?"

She asks, making you smile lightly as you look to L.

"Well.. we both lived in the same area for awhile. Every morning we would both go to the same coffee shop, but we didn't formally meet until our orders got mixed up once, and we both had to come back to the store. After we got it sorted....well, we started chatting."

You say as you smile gently, and L brushes your hair to the side before continuing.

"Then I had to get the courage to ask you out."

He then says, and you laugh lightly as you playfully snuggle into him.

"Hey, it worked, didn't it? After we started dating I was absolutely blown away that I was in a relationship with the world's greatest detective. I could hardly believe it."

You say, kissing his cheek quickly and looking towards the other couple before smiling lightly.

"How long have you guys been together?"