The 5th Book in the Twilight Saga- chapter 2

You guys!!! I only got 1 vote and 0 comments!! But I did get 75 reads so I've decided to write more. Remember, from now on, the sooner you vote/comment, the sooner I will post!! Enjoy the story!! P.S. the little stars are explained at the end.

Quick recap:

We ran for a few minutes until we came upon the vampire in the field. I froze in shock at what was in front of me.

There he was. The man/thing that would ruin my perfect life. He was scrawny but clearly crazed and had a very bad limp. He limped with his right leg so I decided to call him Righty until I knew his real name.

"Hello," Edward said strangely. Oh yeah, the whole mind reading thing. He discreetly coiled himself so he was in front of me in a protective stance *roll eyes*. I could tell Righty's thoughts were crawling with me.

"Are you going to hurt me?" asked Righty. I made a mental note to very soon find out his real name. He stumbled backwards in fear.

"No, we just want to know your purpose here." I found myself saying. wait, what happened to the old shy me? "My name is Bella Cullen and this is Edward. Do you plan on hunting here? We would not appreciate it very much. Why are you so quiet? What is your name?" I think I might have been babbling.

"Hello Bella, Edward. I don't hunt the way you must. I am a vegetarian. Or I guess it could be the opposite from a human's point of view. And my name is Stanley. And you didn't give me a chance to talk."

I heard Edward catch his breath in surprise. Even he wasn't suspecting that one. And though I couldn't read minds, I knew what idea he was brewing.

But I was through talking. My vampire friends think I talk too much and for some reason, I wanted to make a good impression on Righty--I mean Stanley. So Edward spoke after an agonizing pause.

"So is our family! Would you like to stay with us for a for a few days while you...recover?" Edward was obviously referring to the huge gashes covering his body.

"Okay," Stanley agreed hesitantly.

(I can skip this part right? He came and met the family, growled at Rosalie. Fast forward the day the action came.)

"Hey Bells, Edwards going hunting with Stanley for a while so I'm here with you!" Jake said as he stepped through the door with a wide grin on his face.

The sheer black couch almost buckled at the weight of my werewolf friend who had mended my soul*, held my hand, broke my hand**, loved me, kissed me**, and annoyed the heck out of me. No doubt if Jake was here, so was Leah.

A few blissful moments later, Stanley burst through the squeaky door with no noise but only the feel of his presence. He panted softly and huffed until I asked him what was wrong.

"Edward...gone..."

*= see new moon **= see eclipse

Thanks for reading!! Comment and vote now if u want a quicker update!