Chapter Six Walking into the Fire on Will

CHAPTER SIX
Walking into the Fire on Will
The few numbers of the Christian missionaries in the cave left for Tamara to hand themselves over to the king in order to encourage the brethren who had been caught already, both indigenes and aliens alike.

Mandio XV was on his throne, this time not in the golden palace located at the great city, but his throne there at TAMARA. The worst part of it is that he was on his judgment throne at Tamara. Whenever a Mandio sits on that throne, blood must flow, heads must roll and body and bones must be crushed in the mouths of lions, crocodiles and vultures. The kings cabinets, especially the sorcerers sat happily and waiting anxiously to view the rolling down of heads, flowing of blood and crushing of body and bones in the mouths of lions, crocodiles and vultures.
Where is that obstinate young woman?
and her fellow rebellious leaders?
King Mandio XV asked Sundiata who was kneeling and bowing before him in rage
They are nowhere to be found my king and lord
Sundiata replied out of panic, though meticulously, to avoid being noticed by the people present at the scene.
Search thoroughly for them everywhere,
I want to have them now! If you fail, then your life is at stake.
The king commanded. The moment the commander of the army stood up ready to move with his men, behold Amina and others were already approaching the centre of Tamara.
Here they come, my king and Lord
The Chief sorcerer said with smiling face hoping to see them all killed. The king could not believe it. He looked and saw them coming with no iota of fear and he was shocked to see them coming confidently to Tamara themselves without being arrested by anybody.
What kind of souls are these.
The king soliloquized in dismay.
Get hold of them now and bring them to me.
The king commanded. They were caught and were brought before king Mandio the XV. Amina was extremely sad to see all the Christians thrown into the prison of Tamara. They were already clothed with the long thick garment of condemnation.
You obstinate, reckless and disobedient woman;
I showed you my mercy and ordered you to vacate my land
before 168 hours but you tried to revoke the irrevocable decree
of the Mandios. I will teach you and your fellow rebels
the hard lessons of your whole reckless life.
The king said, pointing at Amina as he was in a great state of rage.
Cloth these leaders of the rebels
with the garment of condemnation
The king ordered. The Christian missionaries in the prison of Tamara, both the ones that just came and those that had been there for many years including the citizens who believed and were arrested with them began to cry bitterly like despondent people who had no saviour in perilous time, when they saw Amina, Pastor Henry and others clothed with the garment of condemnation. Amina was moved in compassion when she saw them cry like those without shepherd and had no hope; she raised her voice and declared to them.
Cry no more like people who have no hope brethren.
Be strong and courageous and have faith in God
our Lord Jesus Christ. Be glad and ready to die for Him.
It is a great honour and of immense reward to be persecuted
or even be killed for the sake of Christ Jesus. For He said,
Be glad and count it all joy when men persecute you for my sake,
dont be sad, but rejoice for a great reward
awaits you in my kingdom.
If these men who are in darkness, who have been deceived
by the devil through their long time gone ancestors,
can die for their erroneous belief which will definitely
land them to destruction, though unknown to them; then,
how much more we, who know the truth and are in the light,
why shouldnt we die for what we are confidently sure is the truth?
Amina concluded without any qualms.
Rope them on the trashing pole
and have them flogged bitterly now!
The king demanded in rage. The flogging began and the trashing instrument began to land on the body of Amina, Pastor Henry and others. They were beaten until the long thick garments on them were soaked with blood. But to the dismay of the king Mandio XV and his people, the flogging appeared to have given Amina, Pastor Henry and others more strength and boldness to declare the word of Jesus Christ. And they, though still in pain, consoled all the Christians in the prison crying for them. They vehemently refused the kings demand to deny Jesus Christ and worship the king and the god of sun and thunder.
My king and lord I suggest you put to death
some of their followers. Perhaps, that would leave them
with no choice than to succumb to your demand
my lord.
The Chief sorcerer whispered as he was very close to the kings ear.
Sundiata, get some of those Christian rebels in the prison
and have them cast into the rivers of crocodiles and lions den.
Just get them killed by your own choice of killing them.
But spare anyone who will take a wise step
of denying his own god
and admitting to worship the king, Mandio XV
and the god of sun and thunder. Do it right now Sundiata!
The king declared.
As you wish my king and lord.
Sundiata replied as he knelt and bowed before Mandio XV. Many of the Christians were brought out and tried, but they all refused to admit to the kings decree of denying their God -Jesus Christ to worship him and his god. Their tenacious faith was aided by the encouraging words of Amina and other Christian leaders. Those of them that were brought out were all killed. Many were cast into the rivers with life crocodiles and lions den, but they all died with inexplicable joy and hope, while some of them declared to have seen heaven open and the Son ready to welcome them home as they gave up the ghost and died. The king and his people were astonished over their boldness and courage. But it still infuriated the king and he declared and said to the Christians as one of the strange men interpreted.
Oh! You idiotic fools, why must you die for what you do not know?
What you have not seen?
Where is your god?
If he really exists, why dont he come and deliver you
from my hands. On this very ground of Tamara, I have watched the blood of many of you rebels flow, their heads roll like rocks of fire and their body, and bones, crushed in the mouth of crocodiles, lions and vultures. And your powerless god who they die for
kept quiet till now. Among all the fools like you that had ever come to Berber Taghaza with deceptive and evil doctrine, only these two
(as he point at the two strange men who do interpret for them)
had proved to be wise by forsaking that unknown
and un-existing god and worship the Mandios
and the god of sun and thunder. Take a photographical look
at them, how many of you are better than them.
Look at how they are lavished with the kings favour
and blessings. And in the same vein, the same will be done
to anyone of you who will prove to be wise
by worshiping the king, Mandio XV
and the god of sun and thunder.
The king concluded. Ironically, after his comment, there was no response and the king in a great rage ordered the imprisonment of Amina and other Christian leaders. He left Tamara to his great city with his people.