Chapter 36: Attack

Start from the beginning

//

Back in the palace

I still hadn't got the chance to ask why the hell was Prince Wang Yo at the Gisaeng house.

"He doesn't have the right to get mad at me! He cheated on me!" I revealed what I was thinking aloud and the servants looked at me in confusion.

"Who cheated on you Princess Hara?" Areum asked with interest.

"Prince Wang Yo of course! Who else?" I started.

They all gasped and covered their mouth in shock when they found out the truth.

You did it. You finally did it girl.

"I-I mean... No! I..." I slapped myself hard after realizing how dumb I was.

"Princess! Stop! The celebration is starting soon! We don't want your face to have any red marks." Areum acted fast and grip my hand to stop myself from slapping.

"But how did you know Prince Wang Yo cheated on you?" Rin, the nosy parker insisted on the conversation.

"Enough! Can't we just focus on making Princess Hara look stunning for tonight?" Areum glared at her fiercely.

Rin sighed as she reluctantly agreed to the duty and they both helped me with my make up and costume fitting.

//

The celebration was extravagant and everybody was at their best outfit. The food was awesome, the intro performance was excellent.

"I heard that Mei would be attending as the main for the gisaeng dance later!" The 9th Prince,  Prince Wang Won said excitedly from the right side of the seat.

God damn it! It's the gisaeng again?! And when will this pervert stop being horny?

"I can't wait to see the swordsplay performance. I heard that Prince Wang So would be participating as well alongside Prince Wang Jung and Prince Wang Wook." Princess Yeon Hwa said to me happily from the opposite table.

"The best part would be of course the Crown Prince's performance. This may be the chance to show his potential as our future King." The ministers who supports the Crown Prince announces in enthusiasm as they nodded in agreement.

"Hmm! We shall see after the celebration to determine whether hyung is fit to get the throne." I heard Prince Wang Yo snarled quietly from his seat.

I peeked at him and had a bad feeling.

Why do I feel so uneasy every time I look at Prince Wang Yo? What is this time travelling trying to prove?

The Gisaeng's dance performance was up next. Their dance was sexy and powerful even though it was slow. Even I as a girl, was feeling something for them.

Now I understand why Prince Wang Won's so crazy over this Mei...

I felt like I was being hypnotized by them as the performance goes on and once it was over, I had a slight heart attack.

W-what is this? Why am I even into them?

"Hmm! Sly foxes trying to seduce men. Too bad they would never be in this place!" Queen Yoo judges from the other side as she gulps down her tea in disgusts.

It was soon time for the last performance. It was also what everybody was anticpated about: The Crown Prince's swordsplay.

Prince Wang So and Jung had already went off to get prepared and Prince Wang Wook, Wang Won, Baek Ah and Wang Eun was left by the balcony.

Wait...where's Prince Wang Yo?

The hundred drum beats to catch my attention and a man with a black outfit covered with a traditional mask walked out to the stage.

He swings the sword above his head and lifted one leg like a Phoenix. When the drum stopped, he slowly dances to the center as he swings the sword in slow motion.

At the other beat of the drum, the man started his sword play and swings the sword in fast motion as he showed off his skills.

He displayed martial arts in the center for a few minutes before another two came out to join in.

"Prince Wang So!" Princess Yeon Hwa whispered excitedly at his appearance.

"Can't believe the King allowed him to perform alongside the Crown Prince and Jung. What an insult!" The Queen was clearly annoyed and disappointed.

They danced along with the music and their swords and pretended to be in a swords fight. The metal clangs of the swords rang aloud the entire palace and the other musical instruments played.

It was already half of the performance yet Prince Wang Yo was nowhere to be seen.

What the f*** he go? Was he really that upset about the crown prince to miss out on the performance?

A group of guards joined in and created a circle around the three princes. The three of them stopped and stood close to one another as they steadied their grip on their swords. The drum beat faster but softer in an exaggerated way as the guards drew closer to them.

Suddenly, one of the prince slashes his sword roughly through the air and the guards jumped dramatically. The drum beats louder and they continued to perform.

At the corner of my eye, I saw a particular guard getting closer to the princes and he got everybody's attention.

The princes seemed to be in confusion but continued to perform anyway at the sudden change of practice.

"Was there supposed to be a special stage?" Queen Hwangbo questions excitedly.

All eyes were fixated at the guard as he covers his distance. A high whistle blew across and a hundred ninjas flew out from the roof.

"Protect the King!" The royal eunuch shouts and a hundred guards ran over to ensure the safety of the King. The other royalties panicked and many of the princesses screamed.

What the fuck? A ninja attack?

A sudden memory of a group of ninja attempting to kill Prince Wang Yo flashes in my mind and I panicked.

Don't tell me...

I looked closely to the one who was already raising his sword towards the crown prince and I screamed for his name admist the noises.