4. Hercules's Trials and Tribulations

Khushi could barely fight the blush staining her cheeks. Of course there was Nani's narrowed eyes on one end and Mami, Akash's mother's, comments on Khushi's revealing attire - but the moment Arnav's eyes bogged out and Shanaya fumed aside - Khushi felt it was her first step to victory.

"Khushi Das Gupta Sen Roy - fuck Khushi you've got a freaking big name!" NK slapped his head.

"Sorry!" Khushi mumbled.

"Idiot! Now listen, six steps, man in your footsteps!" NK laughed deviously, which honestly even freaked Khushi out.

"Step 1, makeover baby!"

"So, will you teach me how to play this?" Khushi asked, her voice light and husky. Arnav's eyes darkened, he knew what that tone meant.

"Arnav, we don't have the time to train someone!"

"Shanaya, we're hardly in a competition!" Khushi smiled sweetly at Shanaya.

Arnav nodded with Khushi in agreement and eased his hand around her waist, guiding her to a bent position. "This gives more balance and accurate position to jump. And in court you need to sprint more than run."

Khushi nodded innocently, following him to the 't'.

"You know what-" Arnav started, suddenly watching her "-you should practice sprinting for some time." Turning back to Shanaya, Arnav gave a dismissal hand "We'll play tomorrow."

Shanaya grumbled and walked away along with the others leaving NK, Arnav and Khushi alone.

NK slipped next to Arnav, watching him train Khushi.

"Interesting... so you're going to make her a bit active before she hits court?" NK asked, watching a dazed Arnav nod noncommittally.

"Uh-huh. Otherwise her muscles might get cramped from sudden activities on day one-" Arnav fibbed, his eyes lighting up with the site of his work.

Step one successful!

NK grinned, although at one corner he saw that when Payal was about to kiss Akash, the latter was interrupted with a phone call. Poor girl tried once again, her dear mother in law stepped in between. Hmm, something had to be done in that department too.

Going upto his main victim, Arnav, NK dramatically leaned against Arnav's shoulder "Ah... the view, now I know why you're training her with jumping exercises - oye Nanav!" NK yelled as Arnav thwacked him on his head and sent him back into the home.

"Anything wrong?" Khushi asked, her face flushed from the exercises.

"Oh no nothing... continue." Arnav grinned, watching his lovely wife bounced up and down.

Ah the view!

-------

"PLEASE!"

"No no no..."

"Arrey yaar! One, please!" Khushi almost prostrated before NK as he held a plate of cakes above her head.

"I said no Khushi! Now don't give me those puppy-dog eyes. What's the use of working out if you're going to munch on a million cupcakes? Now this evil deliciousness is allowed only once a week!" NK ordered, munching two himself.

Khushi pouted, half groaning as her muscles ached here and there, "That was done only to seduce Arnav!"

"Rightly spoken child-" NK said, hiding his laughter. Poor Khushi hadn't grasped the entire power nor meaning of seduction yet, "-but you see, to have a happy marriage you need a happy you. You need to be sexy for yourself, first." NK said, munching a chocolate cupcake himself.