Pubs

It was cold and raining, an average everyday thing that happened here. You were walking home from an exhausting day at work, gripping onto your umbrella so it wouldn't fly away. You looked down at your watch, it was close to dinner time and you were starving. You walked into a pub on the corner, closing your umbrella before stepping inside.

"Ey! Shut tha' damn door. It's bloody freezing outside!" A voice shouted aggressively.

You tried not to make eye contact as you sat down in a booth near the back of the pub. You sighed sitting down, thanking your waitress when she handed you a menu. A loud, deep, raspy laugh boomed inside the pub. It was the same man who had yelled at you when you came in. His skin was a green tint, hair a greasy jet black color, and eyes filled with anger. He looked in your direction, you froze, turning away. He was with two men, they looked unamused as he tried to flirt with some woman. You could've sworn that one of the men he was with was staring at you.

"Hey Muds, come on, man. Noodle's still home alone, we gotta get out of here." The tall, dense man said, he sounded very concerned about 'Noodle'.

The green man turned to him, rolling his eyes.

"She's ten, Russ. The little chicken can take of herself, it's HIM you need t'worry about." He cackled, pointing to the other man with bright blue hair.

The blue haired man frowned, covering his face in embarrassment, opening his fingers a crack to still look at you. You caught him staring, you raised an eyebrow as he squeaked and covered his face again. This whole game of hide-and-seek was getting frustrating to you, you decided not to look in that direction for the rest of your meal.

2-D's Pov:

Muds had dragged us to yet another pub to prove he could get the girls. I know he did, I could hear it from my room.. He somehow managed to bring Russ along too, leaving poor Noodle alone at Kong. We had been sitting here for hours when a woman came in. I cringed when Muds yelled at her for not closing the door fast enough. She looked genuinely sorry as she sat down in the back of the pub. I kept stealing glances at her, she was pretty. Lots of the women in these pubs were sleazily, like the ones Murdoc picks up, but her, she looked clean and well organized. I loved her (h/c) hair that made her eyes sparkle. Everyone tells me I fall in love too quickly which is why I always get heartbroken. Maybe she'll fall in love with me too..

"It's HIM you need t'worry about!" Murdoc teased, I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

I covered my face quickly, making sure that pretty lady wasn't looking at me.

She was.

She lifted an eyebrow, I squeaked, feeling the hairs on the back of my neck perk up. She looked away and scoffed, I felt like an idiot.