Castle Hawkins watched over the city from its perch built into the side of Mount Riveria in the distance. The city's outer walls were built to match the rotund ramparts of the castle, separating the city into three distinct districts. The outer district was where farms and expanses of lands were left to their devices; The inner city where the siblings lived was where residents and stores were bumbled into stone and wooden blurs; And the castle grounds were made for the army, royal extensions, and their school, the Spellblade Academy.

"Morning, spell-pups!"

The siblings turned to see a man on a cart filled with varying produce. Corns, kentals, beans and baskets of what-nots. The farmer's hair was ruffled and dirt brown like his stained shirt and pants.

Lua greeted, "Morning, Mister Ted."

Slowing down his cart, the man paced himself beside them. "How many times must I tell you, girl? It's just Ted. Mister makes me sound old." She laughed and her brother chuckled. Ted continued, "Heading off for school?"

Her brother replied, "Yes, sir. First day of our last year."

"Well, how fortuitous of you then. I'm on my way to deliver some goods to the castle." Ted gestured back to his cart. "Last of the autumn beans for Adam. Climb on. I'll give you two a lift."

They thanked the man for the offer and scrambled onto the side of the cart. The city roads were not overtly bumpy, though the rumbling stone texture still made for a slightly shaky ride with each of the horse's hoofs clacking the stone. On the way, they passed shophouses opening their doors for the day and roadside stands pulling back blinds for business. They stopped by the central market, a large circular square with a common fountain – decorated with stone statues of soldiers – in the middle that supplied water to the district. Ted made a quick drop off of a basket of produce to a stall and bought a large bag of seeds on sale for one-five pence. Lua tilted her head to watch the man climb back onto his seat with weary huffs before they went on their way.

The man scared her terribly, though not from fear brought forth by intimidation, but by sheer presence. Casually referring to the king as 'Adam' was something not many could do, let alone a farmer given exclusive access to the castle grounds. Yet, the man was not imposing and offered little in way of size, with the only unique aspect about his built being his toned body from years of farm work. She was unclear what role the man played within the kingdom but was sure it was nothing to scoff at. But she was not surprised by that fact. Aleynonlia had been a gathering for the odd and powerful since the end of the second war.

Ted began, "Have you two heard the news about the Overseer?"

Quin answered, "About her death and Light's overthrow?"

"Well, there's that. But that's not it. They discovered her last predictions. The last set of epitaphs she doled out before her death."

Quin huffed. "I would pity for whoever gets assigned those titles. Titles that predicts your future? Epitaphs are basically death sentences."

"How so?" she asked.

"Imagine it. People get epitaphs if they are destined to do something world changing. That kind of pressure just given to you, with or without your consent, is that not intimidating? The Jack Boot. Rolling Ones. The Walker. The kind of places and situations those people ended up in are nothing to laugh at. How many of them even live to die a natural death?"

Ted answered, "It's not fixed, one's destiny. Prophecies are vague for a reason. They focus on things that will happen rather than can. Things that won't be changed within the normal course of things. Usually acts or events that will happen even if you knew about it or decide to intervene."