I Decide To Go to A Concert

• Dedicated to NinYaa IllustrisMo

“CONNIE!” An extremely girly voice squeals.

I look up unwillingly from my book to find my best friend, Selene, running up to me waving what seemed to be tickets in the air. We’ve been together since the first day of kindergarten and nothing could ever tear us apart, no matter how cliché that sounded.

“Yeah?” I say.

She stops right in front of me, shoving the tickets under my nose.

“See these, Connie?” she says. “Know what these are?”

“Tickets?” I say lazily.

“Not just any tickets, silly!” Selene says. “These are tickets to One Direction’s concert in Sydney!”

“Hmm.” I eye the so-called tickets. Deeming it as not-so-important, I just look down at my book again, saying, “Well good for you, Selene. Hope you have a jolly good time.”

“Aww, come on, Cons,” Selene says, lifting up my chin to look at her. “Aren’t you the least bit excited? This is One Direction we’re talking about!”

I look at her bright blue eyes, all buzzed up in excitement, and just smile. I don’t know who this One Direction is but Selene has been crazy about them after watching an X-Factor episode where they sang Viva La Vida. To please her, I just say

“Of course I’m excited! But I’m not going, aren’t I?”

Selene laughs and reveals… two One Direction concert tickets. “I got two of these bad boys for you, Con! We could go to the concert together!”

What did she just say? My eyes bulged. I don’t want to go at all. “W-What?”

She must have taken my surprise as excitement. “Ohh, you’re going to love it, Con! There’s this…”

And she just went on, and on, and on. I don’t know when she would ever stop.

“This is such an awesome early birthday gift and the concert’s on the 13th which is like a month from now,” she says.

I forgot, her birthday was April 1st and it’s March now. What kind of best friend forgets her best friend’s birthday? I suddenly regret not wanting to go.

“Connie,” Selene says. “You have to come this time. You always miss my birthday just because of your dentist appointments.”

I laugh, it’s kind of an inside joke. I’ve always missed her birthday parties because of well-timed dentist appointments. “Hey, it isn’t my fault! The dentist is the one who decides the dates, not me.”

“Well, screw your dentist!”

“Hmm, actually when did you say the concert was again? April 13? I think I got an appoint-“

“DON’T YOU DARE FINISH THAT SENTENCE, CONNIE MARIE JONES!” Selene turned red. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I’m just pushing your buttons, Selene,” I say in between giggles. “I’m going.”

Selene’s eyes lit up. “You are? You sure?”

“Positive!”

“Oh my God, you’re the best, Con!” She tackles me, making me topple backward from the chair and unto the ground.

We burst into laughter, my book forgotten as I listen to her talking about what we would do in Sydney and all the fun we’d have.

-----

Please comment about how you like it so far! XD