Racing

After all the problems with my ribs and my breathing, I slowly recovered and went back to living my normal life. I wasn't a volunteer firefighter anymore because I was afraid that I might not make it back alive next time. So, I quit. But after 2 months, my friend Eric invited me over to come hang out. I have seen Eric since I was 10 years old. When I got to his house, I jumped out of my dad's truck and gave Eric a hug. "Hey, I have something to show you", Eric said to me. He lead me to his garage, and there stood 2 dirt bikes, a yellow and black one that was sponsored by RockStar and a lime green and black one that was sponsored by Monster Energy. "Wow, I don't believe you got 2 of the major energy drink companies to sponsor you Eric!", I said. "Actually, RockStar sponsored me, not Monster Energy.", Eric said. "Really? Then who is the Monster Energy dirt bike for?", I asked. "You.", Eric replied. My jaw dropped and I think my heart might of stopped too. "You're joking, right?", I asked, looking at him in shock. "Nope, Rockstar called me first and I said yes to them, then about an hour later Monster Energy called me and I told them that I just signed on with Rockstar.", Eric told me. "But then I told them that I have a friend who is a very good racer and would love to have you as a sponsor, then I gave them your name and now you work for Monster Energy.", He continued. "Wow, Eric, I don't know what to say." I said. I was in shock, I can't believe he would do that for me, but there was one problem. "I haven't raced since I was 10 years old, I'm 14 now, I haven't raced for 4 years, what if I no longer any good?", I said to him. "We'll practice, don't worry, I will get you back into shape, so that you will be ready to race." Eric replied. I shrugged and said ok. Then we left to go to the gym.

Eric and I would go to the gym everyday to work out for about 2 months. I had lost 12 pounds and gained 3 pounds of nothing but muscle. I had a 4 pack going on. But after 2 months of going to the gym, we decided that it was time to get me back on a bike. I arrived at Eric's house around 3 am. When I pulled in, all I heard was the roar of dirt bikes coming from his garage. I ran up and knocked on the door and Eric was in his new fire suit. It was yellow with a vertical black strip going down his sides, and it had RockStar Energy Drink embroidered in the middle of his chest. "Good morning sunshine, don't you just love getting up early?", Eric said laughing afterwards. "Haha you have no idea.", I relied. He turned around and handed me my fire suit. "Hurry and go put this on." he said. I grabbed it and went into the house to change. When I put it on, I stood there and looked at myself in the mirror. It was amazing, it was all black with lime green strips down my sides and the sleeves were lime green also. It had Monster Energy embroidered in the middle of my chest.

When I walked by outside it was still dark outside. I walked in to the garage and helped Eric get the bikes ready for training. We walked the dirt bikes out to the practice track that he had in his backyard. When we got out to the track, he reviewed all of the controls were and what they do. Then he and I took a test lap to get me used to riding again. We then realized that I need to practice more. I did excellent on the  flat areas, but when it came to the bumpy areas, I had a little bit of trouble controlling the bike. "We to get you use to controlling the bike on those bumps", Eric said, "We also need to get you on the ramps." I gave him a terrified look. "Rachel, I know that you don't like the ramps because of what happened last time, but I promise that it won't happen again. Ok?", Eric told me. "Ok, but lets master the bumps first." I replied. We laughed and walked over to the start of the bumpy area. I took off and I was perfectly fine until I hit the first bump. Once I hit that bump, I fell off. Eric rushed over to make sure I was alright. "Rachel, are you ok?", Eric asked me. "Ya, I'm fine.", I replied, "But I don't get why I fell off, I had the right speed?", I asked him. "Speed has nothing to do with why you fell off.", Eric said laughing,"Stay here, I will be right back". I watched him walk over to a small shed, he was in there for about 30 seconds, then he came back out of the small shed carrying weird object. When he placed it in front of me, I saw that it was an old dirt bike that was mounted on a metal frame."Here, show me how you sit when you are going over the bumps.", Eric told me. I got on the bike and sat down. "Your sitting.", he said. "Thats what you're suppose to do.", I said. "Yes, your suppose to, but when you go over the bumps, you need to half sit and half stand.", he said. "What do you mean?", I asked. "Here, stand up on the bike.", He said, so I did. "Ok, now bend your knees a little bit.", He told. "Like this?", I asked him. "Sorta, pretend you are racing a horse.", he said. "Oh, you mean like this?", I asked. "Yes, thats perfect, now lets get you on a bike that actually runs and see how you do.", Eric said leading me to my dirt bike. I got on, took off, when I got the the bumps, I stood up like Eric taught me. I rode across the bumps and didn't fall off. There was only one thing left, and that was the ramps. I knew everything about the ramp, it was just that when I get ready to go on the ramp, I get a flashback of the accident and I get scared and stop. "Rachel, remember what I told, I will do everything in my power not to let that happen again.", Eric told me. "I know but when ever I get close to it, I get scared.", I said. "Well, so do I, but you need to try and fight threw it. You can do it." he said reassuring me. "Ok, I will try.", I relied with a scared tone in my voice. I walked the bike over to the ramp, I got on and took off. I remember what Eric told me and I took off. I came up to the ramp and I thought about what Eric said, and I did it. I didn't stop, I increased my spped and went up the ramp and did my stunt and landed it. I got to the bottom and spin stopped. I took my hemet off and looked at Eric who was cheering. He ran over to me and gave me a hug. "You did it! I'm so proud of you, Rachel!", Eric said cheering.

Eric's POV 

I watched her get on her bike and take off, then the thought of the accident went threw my head. "What have I done, she going to choke.", I told myself. I looked up and I saw her doing a back flip. I couldn't believe it, she did it. She landed it perfectly too. I was so proud of her, I ran over and gave her a hug.

Please Leave Thoughts And Comments. I Want To Know What You Think