8th Grade And The Fire

When I was in 8th Grade, I had the worst luck ever.

It was the first day of school, and I was already having bad luck. All of my friends were ignoring me, and I don't know why. I was able to hang out with them all summer. So when it came time for lunch, I skipped and sat at my locker. After a few days my friends started to talk to me and everything went back to normal. 

After 3 months  I got a job at a volunteer fire department with my uncle and cousin. I also developed a new crush. His name is Preston, and he is HOT!! He was a sophomore, and he was also a wrestler. He was tall, with beautiful blue eyes, and dark brown hair. He was funny and nice to everyone. But I never had the guts to talk to him until, 2nd semester came, and I had gym class, the same hour he had english class. You see the gym is right across from his english class. I was walking down the hallway when, Kelsey, the girl the I hate, tripped me and I fell and my 6 pages report for english went everywhere. She laughed and walked away. Just as I was getting ready to stand up, hand was held out, reaching to help me. I looked up, and it was Preston. "Are you ok?", Preston asked. I said yes that I was fine, and then he helped me up. "Here let me help you.", Preston told me. He helped me gather my papers and put them in order. "By the way, my name is, Preston.", He said. "Rachel.", I said. We shook hands then he helped me up. Then, out of no where, he kissed me. He pulled away and said "I'm so sorry, Rachel, I shouldn't have done that!", he said. "It's ok, I actually liked it.", I said. He smiled and walked me to the locker room. "Here text me sometime.", he said, while handing me a piece of paper, with his number on it. I smiled and said ok. Then he gave me a hug and said that I wasn't a loser and that Kelsey was just jealous of me. I laughed and he turned around and went to his class. 

About a week later, Preston and I were like best friends. But then my bad luck came back to haunt me. While I was at school, my cousin Jason, came to get me because there was a huge fire. When I got to the fire, I heard that there was a 3 year old girl trapped inside. I ran inside, and I couldn't see. There was so much smoke. I crawled to where her parents said she was at, and held her close to my body. Just as I was getting ready to leave her room, the building collapsed. 

Jason's POV

When we got to the fire, Rachel jump out of  the truck, got her mask and beeper and ran into the fire. We waited 20 minutes until for to come out, but she didn't. Then, we heard a loud squeal. We all turn and looked, and saw that the building was going to collapse. I looked at my dad (Rachel's Uncle Dan).  "No!", we both yelled. We fell to the ground and waited for her beeper to sound telling us that she was hurt or dead. "Well I don't hear anything.", Dan Said. "Neither do I.", I said. We looked at each other. "Call the K9 Unit... NOW!", Dan told me.

Preston's POV

It was about 9:00 at night, and I was sitting at home watching DragonBall Z, when my phone went off. "Hello, is this Mr. Preston Pittman?", said a mysterious man on the phone. "Yes this is, who is this?", I answered. "This is Jason, I am Rachel's cousin, I'm also a volunteer firefighter, and I have some very bad news to tell you.", he told me. I asked what it was, and he told me about what happened to Rachel, and how the building collapsed, and also how her beeper didn't go off and how they had the K9 Unit searching for her, and the little girl. He told me that he would keep me informed. I said ok and told him thanks. He hung up, and I sat back down. All I could do was hope and pray that she would be okay.  About an hour later I got another call from Rachel's Cousin Jason.

Please Leave Comments or Your Thoughts... Thanks! :D