Author Spotlight: @elveloy

Vera, you're pretty prolific, certainly when it comes to writing for us here at TK

Vera, you're pretty prolific, certainly when it comes to writing for us here at TK. What's that all about?
I love looking at something I've never heard of and suddenly coming up with an idea, whether it's a short story, or simply an article researching the topic. And then the rush when you see it published and people vote and comment. Actually, I think I'm addicted.

If you had to select a favourite of all your TK submissions, which one would it be and why? Yes, I'm asking you to select your child!
A hard one! Punk Wars and Santa vs Aliens still make me smile, and I've often toyed with turning Space Opera into a longer tale, but I think I'd have to choose Wattpunk. It answers so many questions we've all wondered about...

What're your experiences writing Science Fiction outside of Tevun-Krus?
I've written a lot of sci-fi short stories for various smackdowns and contests run by Ooorah and ScienceFiction, which have been a lot of fun and actually resulted in a few being accepted later by an external publisher. I also have several romantic sci-fi books which I've self-published on Amazon, which have had varied success!

In your view, what is the best thing about Tevun-Krus?
Giving us all (both writers and readers) the opportunity to explore different Sub-Genres of sci-fi which we may never even have heard of before.

And finally, what advice can you give to someone who might be looking to write within a massive variety of Sci-Fi Sub-Genres, just as you have done and, to be fair, continue to do?
Do some research first, to clarify what the Sub-Genre entails. Ooorah's own Guide to SF Sub-Genres is a good starting point. Then let your imagination run wild.