The Haunting : Lurking In The Dark

I.Prologue

Do not be fooled by this seemingly peaceful and wonderful scenery, for in that building you call “rest” house lies a deep and dark mystery that even the bravest person wouldn't dare solve. We dare you to unravel the lodging house's bloody mystery and to find out why this old and disturbed spirit keeps coming back despite its twenty years of being dead and most importantly, why it keeps ending the lives of those innocent in the most deplorable ways you could think of.

Prelude

The story is mostly set in this sole lodging house. The time is set between the late 60's and early 70's. Thriller/Horror, being the genre of the story, this lodging house was originally owned by a particular Mr. Eduardo Florendia Reyes. During this man's lifetime, he was able to earn many riches such us numerous properties, money, you name it. He had one loyal and loving wife, Maria Montesa, who loved him before he became a multimillionaire. She wasn't able to bear children though, because of some fertility issues. Anyway, back to Mr. Reyes' riches, just like any success in the world of business, there would always be those haters who would want to have your success and money, and well, Mr. Reyes had those.

One cold night in Bagiuo ( that's where he spends most of his free time together with his wife), he suddenly had this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen. He told his wife to hide in the secret room located underground. To get there, one must go through the door that can be found in the staircase. When you enter that door, you'd have to go down another staircase and open another door that would lead you to the secret room. There, she just followed her husband's instructions which was for her to hide there and to bring all his money and other riches down with her too. After doing so, since Mr. Reyes didn't have any security guards present at that time, his murderers were able to get inside and without a single word, a knife was thrown towards him and deeply cut his leg. He was then taken to his secret room. He immediately knew that his closest “friends” were behind this evil-doing because only they knew about this room. To his wife's surprise, she wanted to give out a scream but the henchmen already took hold of her. Tying both of them behind one another with both of their hands cuffed, they gave them a rather horrible and terribly painful death. Cutting each of their fingers slowly, giving Eduardo multiple wounds on his legs and arms and beating his wife Maria Montesa with clubs as hard as cement and other strong material put together were just some of the deplorable acts that the couple had to go through before they were shot in the chest and head.

After the murderers finished them off, they took the loot and and cleaned every sign of evidence they could find, they took the bodies and burned them and tossed the ashes into the river. As the main story continues, the reader would know what these spirits who seek revenge would do to those who would go to this secret room. Follow the Rodriguez family as they try to survive this dreaded summer vacation in the same lodging house where Mr. and Mrs. Reyes were brutally murdered 20 years ago.