PREPARATION

I rubbed my face out of sheer exhaustion. My tour is almost ending, but I got forced into a charity Christmas event because I ran into beef with one of my ex's side chicks and I threw a bottle at her, therefore getting me arrested and the judge ruled for me to either do charity work or pay $20,000 in restitution for a window I broke out at the club that night. Not wanting to pay that big amount, I decided to throw a last-minute staff meeting at my rented penthouse suite in Manhattan. I have my last tour date at Madison Square Garden even though it was supposed to end at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Tim, my manager, thought it would be a good idea to end the concert where it started and afterwards I could do the Eli Manning's Giant Hearts charity. He does it every single year, and it all started with his dad Archie in New Orleans. His older brother Peyton moved a branch of it to Indianapolis, while Eli moved it to New York. Archie name it Gridiron Hearts because of the football  players being deeply involved but when his sons opened their different branches, the names kind of changed. He still named his Gridiron Hearts, and still was an active participant many players helped, even when they were no longer affiliated with the Saints such as Darren Sproles. One thing about the players, they may have intense competition on the field but the outside they loved each other like brothers.They say football is family. I traveled red eye from one of the tourist stops in Germany to participate in Gridiron Hearts this year to host with Drew Brees, who raised 1 million more for the charity than the previous year.  The kids were so excited about their new toys and autographed jerseys. I've been touring nonstop for the past three months with no break, but I was okay with this so I can have Christmas and New Years days off. I had a vacation with my name on it! As I sat at the dining room table I made into a meeting desk, I sipped coffee to wake myself up. In a few hours I needed to do soundcheck then go over to the MetLife Stadium for the event. Lauren was the first to walk in with my niece, Bailey. She recently turned one and was trying to walk. Lauren  juggled an iced coffee drink, her suitcase, and Bailey's hand. she sat down  and exhaled loudly. Bailey ran to me, offering me the biggest hug. I squealed in delight. She showed me her new purse and toy bracelet. We had a conversation her starting with babble and spitting bubbles. I giggled while Lauren looked on, beaming. Tim came next, suitcase dragging behind him. My stylist, Lynn came, pushing a cart with clothing on it. My Glam Squad Jazz and Jill came in last. "Where's the food?" Jill whispered. She was a plus sized white woman reminding me of Melissa McCartney, dimples and all, but she had my hair laid every single time! "Okay you guys the floor is open for discussion is now!"  Lauren talked about the process for the website of my new hair extension line, Tim talked about a meeting with the lighting crew at soundcheck. Lynn stated that she has some pieces for me to view for tomorrow's show. After the meeting adjourned and we headed over to Madison Square Garden to do sound check.

 After the meeting adjourned and we headed over to Madison Square Garden to do sound check

As we entered the garden I couldn't help but be amazed at the beauty. There was so much history in this building. I looked over the balcony and noticed the crew setting up the lights. So many other Legends stepped foot on that very stage and in twenty-four hours I will be too. I noticed that some of the lights were not flickering properly, so I headed to the stage so that I can get a closer view. I did not like what I saw. The secret doors didn't open, some of the bulbs were blowing out, the lights weren't working. It seem like each other that passed more issues popped up before I knew it, 7:30 had crept up on me. I had to head over to the event that started at 8:30. I was 5 minutes late and was rushed to the back. There were people everywhere! Tim helped me through the craziness to the back. I met with the GM and some other important people who asked me to host the different games. He gave me a list and some guards walked me to the main area. The floor was slippery because they were freshly buffed. The entire area was filled with different sections  and there were boxes on boxes in the corner. we walked under the rope to the area where the giveaway was happening. A man dressed as Santa Claus walked in with a red bag on his shoulder. the kids faces' lit up. I didn't believe in Santa Claus but I love seeing the kids smile Merry Christmas children ho ho ho he hardly exclaimed waving at the children who waved back I was ushered to the microphone hello everyone Merry Christmas I shouted. I asked the kids if they were ready and they shouted that they were. t
The first event was a sack race. Several of the Giants players including Damon Harrison and Janoris Jenkins walked up and gathered up children to be on their team. Victor Cruz gathered his group, and Mike Herlich did as well. The teams assembled into place and I shouted "ready, Set, Go" An air horn blew and the race was on! Team Jenkins won, but the surprise was all the children got prizes like autograph footballs and jerseys. The kids looked over their prizes while comparing each others. The next event was a dance contest. Odell walked out with a Santa Claus hat on.