Part 4

Day 2

The coffee shop is packed with customers while me and Angie are line for coffee. Every one is trying to get their order in, but there are only about 5 workers for a dozen customers. 

"I'm sorry you had to go through that,' Angie says to me while we're waiting. 

"I'm sorry I did too... He's just so--"

"I know," she says without me fully explaining. "That's why we asked for your help, but I'm sure Connor will fully understand if you don't want to continue anymore. Heck, I don't think any girl would want to deal with someone like him." 

"I'm sorry. For a second, I thought I could help," I reply.

"Mila, it's okay. We knew he would be difficult to change. It's only been a day and you already had to deal with this much rudeness. 99 days might be a stretch. We must have thought it would be easy to change him with someone as kind as you."

I sigh. It was true, for a second last night I thought I would be able to change him. I thought I saw something in his eyes that called for my help. But, after last night, I saw that you couldn't simply expect someone to heal so soon after a heartbreak. He had anger within him. Lots of anger. Me, a stranger to him, shouldn't have expected to be meeting a gentleman last night. It was best to let him manage his own heartbreak, right?

Angie and I finally get to the front of the line and order our drinks. 

"Miss, you dropped your card," one of the workers say after I finish paying. I look down to see a white card on the floor. 

"I don't think that's my card..." I say, but then I notice it is a business card. Caleb Evans, the card wrote out on the front with his company name and his phone number. It is the card Caleb gave me when he almost hit me a month ago. I remember that Caleb who in that moment was so sincere, compassionate, and caring. I then realize that even though the Caleb right now is bad-tempered and rude, it took only a month for him to be this way. The good Caleb is still inside him, but I just need to bring him back out. I can't possibly fix him within a day, but I still had 98 days left. I can't just give up so easily. Giving up is not like me. 

"What is it?" Angie asks as she looks over my shoulder. 

"Caleb's card."

"Caleb's card?" 

I turn to look at Angie. 

"Angie, I still have 98 days left, right?"

"Yes, but what are you thinking? I thought you didn't want to..."

"The real, not-a-jerk Caleb is still in there. I just know it. I can get him back I'm not going to give up so easily."

"What are you going to do?" 

"Save him," I say with a confident smile. 

...

I head over to his company building with the card he gave me.

"Hello. What can I help you with?" the assistant in the front asks. She has on an emotionless face on, but nevertheless, I smile. 

"Is Caleb Evans in today?" I ask.

"May I ask who's asking for Mr. Evans?"

I think for a second then say, "Tell him, flower girl is here."

"I'm sorry?" she asks, confused. 

"He'll know." 

I finish with a grin.